Help me please

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ljs_85, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljs_85

Ljs_85 New Member

I am 28 and have always battled mild depression I think although never sought help for it. This seems to be a bit of a pattern to do with relationships, when one ends I just crumble. I met the love of my life and now we've broken up. I am devastated and am trying to stay positive but I feel like I have nothing to live for. I cannot date again, I'm done, it's too painful and I have become a bitter miserable person so no one would want totdate me anyway. I know I should be able to be happy alone but it's been 10 years of trying and I just can't. I have come to the realisation that I'll be alone forever and never have children and I just think what's the point. I keep finding myself looking up ways to kill myself but then I'm too scared to do it because of how it will hurt my mum and friends and also the worry of what if I'm unsuccessful? I could be seriously Ill after and then hate my life even more.

To an outsider I'm a happy funny girl, I would say I'm quite attractive and have a well paid job too but these demons are haunting me daily and I just don't feel like I have be ought strength to carry on anymore. I message my ex about 5 times a day even though I know he won't reply but it just brings me some weird comfort to feel like he's still there.

I don't know what to do. I can't bring myself to see a therapist as I 100% know I'll end up laughing and joking and brushing it off like I do with everyone else.

2. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

I went through a similar situation a few years ago, I felt like my world stopped spinning after my last relationship ended. I ended up going to a shamanic therapist, we became good friends. One evening after a session, she suggested I do the cord cutting ceremony. I finally managed to break the shackles I felt my ex had placed upon me, I have never looked back since. I have never been in another serious relationship since, but I did manage to let go of my ex, almost instantly.

3. tjh196

tjh196 New Member

I have the same exact problem. I get so depressed when a relationship ends. I just lost a girl almost a month ago. I have come to the conclusion that I am not meant to have a relationship. I am meant to be lonely in other words. I have given up. Have you talked to your doctor? You don't have to go to a therapist to get antidepressants. Any doctor can prescribe them. Try that first.

4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

This is stage 1 after breaking up. this pain will soon go away. you don't know everyone; so you can't say that no one would want to date you. that's an assumption.

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

enjoy the good and learn from the bad there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.