Help me!!!!!!!!!Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

ok. Put pressure on it and raise it above your heart.

Then get some help, preferably an ambulance and get yourself to hospital.

meagainstme

get to a&e
you shouldnt worry about getting help. i had to once, they hardly ask any questions and get you in and out as quick as poss [ they dont really care] but atleast they get the job done with minimal anxiety

:)

Adeline

I'm not going to a hospital. I've managed to stop the bleeding. Can you imagine what would happen to me if my parents found out? They think that I am enough of a fruitcake as it is. I can't believe that I could be so fucking stupid. You never guess what I did afterwards? I cut again. What the hell is wrong with me? I nearly bleed to death and the next fucking thing I find myself doing is cutting. I'm so stupid. What sort of person does that to themselves? Honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. I better disinfect these cuts.

Scum

Well done for stopping the bleeding. Maybe try and go and see a doctor about it? Your parents don't necessarily have to know.

SI does not make you a fruitcake, and your parents shouldnt see you as that.

Make sure that you look after the cuts, and if you need medical attention for it, ie stitches if it's gaping. Seeing a doctor is probably sensible.

Hang in there honey

Hey Earla, good to hear the bleeding has stopped but if the wound opens up again and it is deep or if there's any sign of infection then please do consider seeing a doctor.

I can understand about not wanting to tell parents. I think that is one of the main concerns for a self harmer. It can take a lot of courage, and we always think they won't understand but we may be surprised. Your parents may be more concerned for you than anything, and as a parent, that is understandable. It may help if you read over this thread, "Coming out", it gives helpful advice on how to approach others about your self harm. Click.

There's nothing wrong with you, you're using self harm as a way to help control your emotions and whilst it's not the healthiest option out there, you're certainly not alone and you're certainly not crazy.

Take care of yourself. :hug:

Adeline

Well done for stopping the bleeding. Maybe try and go and see a doctor about it? Your parents don't necessarily have to know.

SI does not make you a fruitcake, and your parents shouldnt see you as that.

Make sure that you look after the cuts, and if you need medical attention for it, ie stitches if it's gaping. Seeing a doctor is probably sensible.

Hang in there honey
Scum I seriously think that I'm not going to make it through the next few days. Things are really bad. I don't mean to off load this onto you. You probably have enough to be dealing with on your own. You seem to be someone who is always there for everyone else. I know that you probably tire of always being the person that everyone else turns to in time of need.
I honestly don't know what I'm going to do though. I don't think that these feelings will ever go away. I don't feel any better since coming on this forum.

Scum

Nothing will change or improve instantly, but hopefully having the prospect of hope might help you keep fighting.

Also try to see that you stopped the bleeding tonight, which shows you are still fighting, which is terrific.

Will you go and see a doctor? Have you tried anything that I suggested before? And anything anyone else has suggested?

Have you tried the chat facility here? That might help you too.

Also, there are crisis lines that can help too, like the Samaritans if you are in the UK, and there are others in other countries too.

Hang in there and keep fighting. Try not to look too far ahead, just focus on a manageable amount of time, even if that's just the next ten minutes.

Take care

Adeline

Hey Earla, good to hear the bleeding has stopped but if the wound opens up again and it is deep or if there's any sign of infection then please do consider seeing a doctor.

I can understand about not wanting to tell parents. I think that is one of the main concerns for a self harmer. It can take a lot of courage, and we always think they won't understand but we may be surprised. Your parents may be more concerned for you than anything, and as a parent, that is understandable. It may help if you read over this thread, "Coming out", it gives helpful advice on how to approach others about your self harm. Click.

There's nothing wrong with you, you're using self harm as a way to help control your emotions and whilst it's not the healthiest option out there, you're certainly not alone and you're certainly not crazy.

Take care of yourself. :hug:
Thank you Resistance for your kind words and your advice. I don't usually self-harm. I got into an unfortunate habit of it once when I was in my mid-teens and then I stopped. A few days ago I started again. Then I stopped on Friday. Tonight I couldn't help myself. :sad:
I'm in a bit of a bad state lately. I am very depressed and lonely.

Adeline

Nothing will change or improve instantly, but hopefully having the prospect of hope might help you keep fighting.

Also try to see that you stopped the bleeding tonight, which shows you are still fighting, which is terrific.

Will you go and see a doctor? Have you tried anything that I suggested before? And anything anyone else has suggested?

Have you tried the chat facility here? That might help you too.

Also, there are crisis lines that can help too, like the Samaritans if you are in the UK, and there are others in other countries too.

Hang in there and keep fighting. Try not to look too far ahead, just focus on a manageable amount of time, even if that's just the next ten minutes.

Take care
I haven't seen a doctor yet. I just don't feel like doing anything at the moment. I'm trying to work through my feelings though. I know that I have to actively help myself but I really don't feel like joining any clubs or societies at the moment....one thing at a time afterall; and I am painfully shy.

Do you ever feel like you are just so hopeless and tired of it all that you don't really care anymore?

Well I'm desperately trying to care even though I would rather die than live on.

Scum

You do care, even if you can't see it. If someone didn't care they wouldn't have posted asking for help tonight, or when you joined, they wouldn't have panicked that they were bleeding and then managed to stop it.

No one said getting better would be easy, or quick, but it is achieveable. But you can only do it if you try. You will struggle to work through this alone because of how low and desperate you feel. You probably need a little bit of help and support to set you on the way.

You have done brilliantly to keep fighting tonight, and you owe it to yourself to try to get yourself help, however hard or impossible that seems right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00