Help me save someone!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Jedi, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Guys, I just found this forum. I'm in distress. About a month ago I met a guy on Steam, named Simon. We became quite close friends. Recently he told me that he lost his job and became homeless.
    Simon: I'll chat again before I die in the morning ok - one of the things he said
    Simon: Yeah so I'm doing it in 48 hours
    I tried to talk him out of it but he just wont listen! what the hell do i do now? I've never experienced such a situation. I live in Poland, and all I know about him is that he lives in Sydney? is there some way to tell the police? Help!
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya, I have no clue what steam is, I think it would be extremely hard for you to tell the police unless you have an address for him or even a phone number maybe? I am really not sure what info you have that could help us help you, to help him (sorry confusing i know). Tell him you are there for him, ask him why he is doing this and tell him a solution can always be found. Tell him you are there for him and a shoulder to cry on for him. Please feel free to tell us more, sometimes there is nothing you can do only leave it play out and see what happens. Good luck jedi

p.s he could always join here and talk to us if he wants,
  3. Jedi

Jedi New Member

I told him to come on this site, he didn't listen of course. I don't want to live with his blood on my hands...
  4. Petal

As harsh as this may seem, we are responsible for what WE do. Blood will not be on your hands if he wants to and does take his life which of course I hope he won't. Keep encouraging him and might listen. Ideally he needs to see a professional, now. I hope things improve and he changes his mind, you are doing all you can for him and I applaud you for that, good luck.
    SillyOldBear likes this.
  5. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Thanks, I will do all I can to help. If something changes, I'll post immediately.
    2 people like this.
  6. Petal

Great, hope he feels better soon.
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You bear no responsibility for the choices another person makes, and nobody can lay the blame of their choices on another person. Whether it is that friend in Oz, or the many that say they are going to kill themselves because of bullies, or abusive family or ANYBODY else. Every person is responsible for every action - period. They are choices and pretending somebody else forced it or caused it, or did not do enough to prevent it is simply not true.
  8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Jedi, all you can do is be there if he should want to talk. But, like Ben says, you bear no responsibility as to any decision he makes. One of the harsh realities of suicide is that if one is truly determined to end their life, they will. Survivors are left to cope with the pain of their death, but in no way should they accept any blame for it. It is not their fault.
  9. sahel

sahel SF Supporter

Just try to show him that you really care about him, you've come to this forum, to find a solution for his situation, this means that he is important for you. I think sometimes, just showing this importance, the way that he really believes can help a lot.

Here is one more thing, which I don't know would help or not, but I am saying it anyway. You are saying that his reason for this decision is the shock of losing his job and house. Then, maybe giving him some confidence about his ability to start again and maybe some sort of financial support may help him boost his mood. Don't know..
    Freya likes this.
  10. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

Steam is that gaming site right? If it is you can email the company and explain your situation and ask them to release his IP address. That's all I can really think of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.