Help me say no.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Beka, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Okay so I'm just looking for some moral support here.
    I have bad weeks where the whole week is shit and then on one day I just explode. Apparently today is that day.
    In the past I've never been able to tell, but now I'm more in tune with my emotions (thank you psychiatrist) I can kinda tell that this is going to be a bad night.
    Lovely night to choose, I know. I know that I should stay away from alcohol when I'm feeling like this because it has the potential to land me in A&E. Problem is, is that I'm finding it pretty hard to care right now. I'm going to do something stupid, I know I am.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you can stay here instead and talk in chat or post keep reaching out for support without using ok You don't deserve to feel sick hun hugs
  3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Becca - I think that New Years Eve is one of the very worst nights of the year and I understand how hard it is to "care" when you feel so badly.

You CAN say no - the alcohol will not help and it is important that you stay safe. Come to chat if you feel awful (I know you logged in earlier and nobody was talking, but usually chat gets busier as the night goes on) - talk to people here and try to remember that however shit it has been in the past, it eventually gets better. Doing something you KNOW will make it worse is not the answer :hug:
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Becka, I think you are very wise to have started this thread. Please do everything in your power to not have that drink. Post post post here. why is it a bad night? Can you talk about it? Would it help at all to talk about it? How can we help? And I like what Freya said. She makes a lot of sense. do you have a RX that you take when things are bad? If so,are you taking as much of it as prescribed when things are bad? Not suggesting to take more than the recommended dosage. But to take the amount recommended when things are bad. :hug: :arms: and the dragon twins who asked to be here to help protect you from those urges. They may be young, but they are mighty
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You've got to remember that YOU are in control. You can choose NOT to drink. You can control this. It's all about distraction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.