Help me

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by vapourdwarf, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vapourdwarf

vapourdwarf Active Member

I don't come on here very often, i survived 3 suicide attempts but the pain doesn't go and i struggle i feel so low i can't tell my wife but i see no future. I feel it is over i cry for help but no one listens. I know suicide is not the answer but i am so drawn to it . i failed in life no one wants to know me so why not just disappear? please please help before i finally do something right. i can't cope anymore . It's hard to admit but as a man i cry whenever i am alone. It is hard in england where the feeling is just pull yourself together and be a man. I'm sorry but i have failed at that.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun Men can and do cry they have emotion just as females do hun. It is good you cry it one way to release the pain You can talk to your wife ok you tell her how down you are and you get some supports ok. You talk to your doctor and you get on medication to help you. Depression is a hard one to deal with and to try to do so on your own is even harder
    Please hun you are not a failure ok that is just depression talking You have a wife who loves you hun and who if you allow her too will support you in getting help you need .
    No one can just pull themselves together hun It takes a strong man to reach out for help like you are doing now hugs

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Pain is not a gender issue and it is much more normal to cry when one is in pain than to restrain because of some gender expectations...is there a therapist you can work with or a crisis team you can meet with? Do you have a relationship with your GP so that you and s/he can talk about how you are feeling? Please know we are here for you and do understand how it feels not to be heard...please continue to advocate for the care you need and keep posting

4. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Contrary to popular belief man have feelings and can cry too even in England!

Keep talking and reach out to the people in your life. Life can be great and its not then end. Suicide is never the answer and I had to learn that the hard way. My 24 year old sister has irrerversible, permanent brain damage from her last (and only attempt). She lives in a nursing home and will need 24 hour care for the rest of her life.

I thought suicide was the answer and attempted a few times myself. After seeing what happened to my sister I told myself NO MORE! I said that no matter how bleak and dark things in life may seem I refuse to let myself go there again. I dont want my parents to basically lose both of their only children. I still have my bad moments yes, but thats when I reach out to those in my life and on here of course.

I hope you are seeing a professional of some kind that can really help you. I recommend that you talk to your wife and let her know what is going on. I am telling you LIFE GETS BETTER!

Take good care of yourself!

5. fallingawayfromME

fallingawayfromME Well-Known Member

Let me share something with you. If youre a man ITS OK TO CRY. If i had a dollar for everytime I cried I wouldnt need to work ever again. You shouldnt care who thinks youre weak or not because until they walk a mile or even 10 feet in your shoes they have no right to judge you. Let it out but seeking help can be a good step in getting better. Dont be afraid to ask for help. Thats what makes you strong not weak. Hang in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.