Help me...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kristenmjp, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristenmjp

Kristenmjp New Member

I'm in the car about halfway through an eight-hour drive and I'm in this huge argument with my mom. She said yesterday that I was not her daughter anymore and that I had to go live with my dad. She doesn't seem to understand why I'm so upset at this, and the things I've been feeling lately definitely don't help. Not only do I have social anxiety, but extremely low self-esteem, and I think she thinks I'm making this all. When I tell her how I feel, she makes it seem like another inconvenience to her. That's all I am; an inconvenience. That's why I don't want to inconvenience her anymore. At the same time, though, I feel like I don't want to die yet. I feel like I have some chance at getting better, and I don't want to waste that. However, I can't get help right now due to the fact that I am in the car. Someone please answer me... I just want to know that I'll be alright.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Maybe staying with your father would be better for you then maybe he will take time to listen and understand
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You will be alright hun as long as you do not harm yourself, maybe staying with your dad will help. Do you think he will be more understanding? How old are you? :hug: Keep talking to us. :)
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I understand you are upset and I implore that you DO NOT DO ANYTHING at all. You are NOT an inconvenience at all. You are important and must remember that. I would simply text sorry to your mum and take it from there. Like Petal says please keep posting here for support.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Some people got bad luck having horrible moms .

Ill not pass judgement on your mom but if you feel this way, maybe look at options to make it better for yourself like getting yourself busy with hobbies or other things if you feel stuck with her for the time being.
  6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I will echo all of the above advice.

If you're stuck with her - pass the time with keeping busy in any way.

If your dad is willing to listen, look at maybe staying with him.

One thing I will suggest though, is maybe ask your mum why she feels that what you say isn't important? Maybe she is a completely ignorant person - but the likelihood is just as much for her to not be able to accept that her own child is in such a bad way.

On top of that - sometimes in the heat of an argument people say things they don't really mean. Unless you were adopted, she is always your biological mother and you her biological daughter. Doesn't mean you're gonna get along like a house on fire, you could be too similar that your personalities just clash. Wait for the dust to settle on the argument and at least have a talk about everything - get her perspective, but try to ensure that she is aware your perspective is just as important even though you are her child.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.