Help me

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Heavenly Star, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

i took an overdose on friday and ended up in hospital for a couple of days.

now i'm out all i want to do is try and kill myself again. I've already got the next attempt planned but i'm scared it will fail again

I don't know what to do anymore.

someone please help me

2. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, I noticed you are in the UK, so I'm not supprised you've not been supported very well, the NHS is pathetic when it comes to helping people like you. Were you offered any kind of follow up support at all from the hospital?

Please try to stay safe :hug:

3. kitai16

kitai16 Well-Known Member

The one time I was taken to hospital for ODing they left me waiting in a cubical for two hours and I just discharged myself. No one spoke to me, no tests her done. All they asked was "Do you think you will try it again?" and I said "No.". That was all they needed and off I went.

I did have a session booked, but I couldn't find the place, so I didn't get to see my psychologist they'd refered me to either.

4. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Why do you want to hurt yourself?

5. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the NHS. I am the same just waiting for the bext time. I dont have it planned but it will happen, it's inevitable. The thing is all you have to say is you wont go home and do it again and there you are you are free to go home. I am worried what they'd say if I said that is is likely that it would happen again.!

6. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

The NHS is all about stretched resources and "targets" not people's wellbeing at all, my sister was recently very ill with a throat infection and was treated appaulingly at the hospital (long waits etc) and had to pay huge prescription charges for her treatment. I bet all they do in A&E is tick a box to cover themselves if you do attempt it again and let you leave knowing the chance of you attempting again are very high, but so long as there is no comeback or blame on their part it's all ok. DISGUSTING if you ask me :mad:

7. Heavenly Star

Heavenly Star Well-Known Member

thanks for the response guys

I agree with your comments about the NHS. I've been feeling so suicidal today and I was told I could go to my A&E dept at the local hospital so someone could help me. I went and saw one of the doctors there who said there was no one available who could help me and then started to moan about how much time she had spent with me and that she had other patients to see.

So now I feel even worse. I try and seek help and I get nothing. What hope is there for me?

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

We're here for you Heavenly Star. Just try to find the strength to hang on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.