Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im a student from the uk

my boyfriend is going to california for a year to study - and i don't know if i can cope with the four months until he goes. sometimes i feel like just finishing myself off now.
    im lying in bed, its the afternoon, with a pair of scissors next to me. i keep thinking of suicide, jumping infront of a train or hanging myself. its three weeks til my next psych appointment

i am on antidepressants and the pill, have had a bad couple of months but if anyone can tell me how to calm down and sort things out a bit

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm hoping just typing all that out calmed you down a bit. Just to get it out calms me down. Coming here calms me down.
    Try not to think about it. Take your mind off of it. Focus on things that you like to do :hug:
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

if you are seriously thinking of suicide then it's time for an emergency psych appointment. there's no point suffering along for the next three weeks until your appt. comes around. i'm sure your dr. would want to help.

as for the day to day - i've tried it all: walking, making sure i get a good night's sleep, no daytime napping, calling the suicide hotline, seeing the community mental health nurse, relaxation tapes, staying over at my sister's if i'm feeling distressed....

it would be a good idea to make your own list of what you know helps when you are feeling low and suicidal. also make a list of what to do if you are in a crisis situation and are feeling close to attempting. that might include calling the psych or going to the hospital.
  4. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

For me it helps to think that this is only temporary. But as the above members said, try to get an emerg appt. and try all the suggestions.
  5. thanks

i did relapse slightly and managed to freak out the boyf but i still feel so low
    im trying to get hold of my friend to have a talk

thank you for all your suggestions x
  6. bb564

bb564 Guest

What would your boyfriend do if you killed yourself?!

There are people that care about you, even more now that you've posted here, just don't do anything silly.

Find something to keep you busy, it sounds like your mind is wandering.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.