Help me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by garrett, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrett

garrett New Member

I've been thinking about suicide for a few months. I first started by thinking about taking pills and stuff and started experiancing mood changes and being all depressed... About a month ago or so, I started taking my anger out on my parents and got a lot depressed... I'm not sure what's causing my depression, but I'm all stressed out over my grades and stuff. :sad:

I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm getting to the point where i'm slacking off in school and thinking more about suicide and getting more depressed. Please help me.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF hun. You need to talk to your family doctor and tell him exactly what you just posted here. Stress of school, changes in your physical and emotional being and just life in general can really get you down. But if you are depressed the depression kind of takes over your ability to bounce back. And if you're friends dont understand the changes in you, you will start to feel isolated from them too! As for your parents dont worry about it too much. I'm a mom with 4 kids, 2 of them teens one just turned 18 and the youngest is about to turn 4. And I have had some pretty hairy "fights" with them all. But you know what. It is still away of communicating. Not the best but atleast you are still expressing your feelings. Dont stop sharing what is going on garrett. Here or with the people in your life. But please talk to your doctor and see what options are available to you to start putting the depression in it's place and to start getting back to being you. Good luck hun!

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...sudden onset depression is something that surely should be investigated medically...talk to your MD and see if a PDoc appointment would be helpful...presuming from what you have said, you are an adolecent...this is the most stressful time in life, and one which engenders the most confusion...find ppl to talk to...the more you voice what is going on for you, the less isolated you will feel...welcome and know there are many ppl here who truly understand what you are going through and willing to support you...big hugs, J

4. garrett

garrett New Member

I have talked to my parents about it and even went to see my local doctor. The doctor just said it could be anxiety and a little bit of depression and stress. He wanted me to go see a psychiatrist, but he never called back for the appointment and I'm kind of glad, because I don't want to go to see a physc. lady.

5. Jayjays

Jayjays New Member

If you don't want to see a physc then you must not have a real problem. The one thing i want more than anything else is for someone to just listen to me, understand my problems, but i haven't told anyone yet.

It sounds to me like a million other similar posts. you are stressed, that's it really. If you have the feeling that you're scared to kill yourself then you are not suicidal, are you in severe emotional pain? I wouldn't say so.

6. itmahanh

You might not want to see the pdoc but he or she is the best one to decide if you need meds and if so what would be best. You can see a counsellor or a therapist if that is easier for you. But you should see some sort of professional so that you have a better undertanding of what you are fighting or if it is just stress related. No matter what you choose to do please dont stop talking to others about what is bothering you. If you bottle it up at some point it will become to big to hold in. Maybe call your doctor again and see what the two of you can arange. And please if it is helping, keep posting here and let it out.

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I disagree. I hate going to the psychiatrist/therapist. When I was younger I had depression to the point where I would be crying almost constantly when alone. I would do anything to avoid talking about and going to therapy.

And there others yet that are made very uncomfortable by opening up to people.

Not wanting to go to therapy is not an indication of lacking a problem.

8. itmahanh

If you don't want to see a physc then you must not have a real problem.
    Any time a person is feeling overwhelmed or suicidal it is a real problem. Please dont try to belittle someone elses feelings or pain.

The one thing i want more than anything else is for someone to just listen to me, understand my problems, but i haven't told anyone yet.

How can others listen if you dont tell them hun? Post here and let the members hear and try to understand and offer you support and help.

It sounds to me like a million other similar posts. you are stressed, that's it really. If you have the feeling that you're scared to kill yourself then you are not suicidal, are you in severe emotional pain? I wouldn't say so.

But keeping stressful things to yourself can soon grow into much bigger issues and problems. And if a person is even considering thoughts of suicide it should be dealt with and not just disregarded. Sounds to me like you havent had much success in sharing your pain or receiving any support. So like I said earlier, here is as good a place as any to let it out. You can say things here that you couldnt possible say to others in RL. You wont be judged for your pains or problems just supported as much as the other members can. So you up to giving it a try?.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.