help myself and dont have a therapy?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by asking_advice, Nov 12, 2010.

1. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

there are still issues i need to face and i think psychotherapy is a big help. i dont know if i should get a therapy because of the expenses. do you think if i help myself on my own like reading books, reading articles here in the internet, and assert myself can replace the real therapy?
  2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i dont think it can replace therapy, but it can fill the void of not having it if that makes sense.

the good thing about therapy is it helps figure out your thought process, and helps correct the bad thought paths. if you dont get help from others noone can ever try to "fix" your thoughts, i know personally i convince myself of things that arent true, and if i never discuss these with someone else itll never change
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i think some therapy is worth it if only to give you the coping skill the mind set to go out and help yourself later.
  4. BP#1

BP#1 Well-Known Member

Therapist help you find what your keeping deep within yourself. They also have essential information and tools to help deal with those issues. l recommend you see a psychiatrist. l have the coverage and imagine l used allot of moneys worth of time. l have learned many coping skills allowing me the freedom to live a normal productive life....... You can ask many people advice; it may not be the right advice it may be their opinions. My experience was based on child abuse. So, if your history is similar l will share procedures l learned to become well from a licensed Psychiatrist. Cognitive therapy is also essential. The offer is here for you. You want out? l have the keys... Message me if interested.