Help needed please.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by anarulesmenow, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey I'm a 17 year old bisexual and I've known I was bi since I was about 12.
    I've liked this girl at my 6th form since about October and today I found out that she knows.It doesn't sound like much but it's come at a really bad time.

I have been so stressed lately and I suffer from Depression,Eating Disorders,Anxiety and OCD.I have also made several suicide attempts in the past and I used to self harm, although I havent done those things for over a year.I also used to have a bit of a drinking problem, and although I drink socially, I was fine with it. I was ok until I found out she knew and it's kind of tipped me over the edge.Everyone at school knew I was bi before and they were fine with it.

I was walking through school today and my best friend came up to me and told me that in one of her lessons they had a break and were talking about who people fancied.My friend and another of my friend were talking about who I fancied but didnt mention any names and the girl I fancy was in the same room. She went bright red and apparently said that shed known for about 3 weeks. When my friend told me it kinda pushed me over the edge and I went home from school and skipped class, and I have now worked myself through a bottle of wine and I am trying to stop myself overdosing and self harming again.
    I was out clubbing on saturday and the girl I like was there and she was fine with me, she was really nice and we were hanging out and I got her phone number(not in a flirty way, just as friends).So I dont know what to do.I should probably say something to her about it but I have no idea what to say.

Sorry, this probably sounds kinda stupid but ive had all these things going off like the stress and everything and its just pushed me over the edge.I cant go in tomorrow im so embarrassed even though people know im bi.Ive taken a couple of codeine too and im so tempted to let go of everything.I cant face up to it.I just flipped, when my friend told me it was like a button had been pressed inside my head and everything came back to me.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

if she knew about it weeks before you went clubbing then nothing has really changed

has she started behaving differently toward you at all?

give yourself a break and try to calm down - but i would suggest you lay off the wine and anything you're thinking of taking

granted i'm not a relationship expert, but keep posting here

you may want to check out the relationship forum too
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree if she knew and still went clubbing then she is okay with it..just go slow but I would call her as you exchanged is like any relationship you just take it as it comes for all you know you may hang out with her and find you are not so attracted after all or that she is just as attracted to is hard I know and my thoughts are with you.

keep posting and know you are not judged here at all I went through a rough time sorting out whether I was a lesbian or bisexual and it is hard but I am here if you need to talk ever so just send me a PM and I will reply for sure.

Take care and nice to meet you
  4. anarulesmenow

thanks i should just text her maybe apologising and explaining the situation?sorry i just kinda snapped im gonna try not to drink anymore
  5. anarulesmenow

I sent her a message and her reply was:

'Uhh.... right.
    Jane i have known for quite a while now, i don't want to seem impolite but i don't really see what there is to talk over/sort out as its not something i've dwelled on to be quite honest.
    And as for saturday don't worry about it.'

So I don't think she hates me.Not sure what to do now though.
  6. Wastingecho

she doesn't hate you, and she doesn't sound put off

it doesn't sound like she wants to go anywhere with it, so i would suggest you just keep on being friends

friends who accept you for what you are are priceless
  7. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

sounds awful-dude, watch Will & Grace. This stuff has been going on since way before the garden of Eden. Step back and take a look at the big picture-Caligula & Army Physicals Caught On Tape. Girls KNOW-trust me.
  8. anarulesmenow

Thanks all Im bothered about is us being friends really, I knew it wasnt going to go anywhere.I feel like I should say something in reply though.

I don't get you Rojomi
  9. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

oh-no one really does. Unique is good. Just go your way-when I was your age I had bags of fun. Boys, girls, orgies-but be careful of STD's. Seek out very rich people-they make the best benefactors.
  10. anarulesmenow

Mm not really very helpful Rojomi.I sent her a reply back, like just checking that everything was ok and she said 'Just leave it Jane' so i think she might be mad at me now.
  11. Wastingecho

just let it be and give it time

i'm pretty sure everything will turn out fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.