Help needed

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by FLC, Mar 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLC

FLC New Member

Hello all...
    I've recently joined SF as I don't know where else to turn. I've been suffering with depression/anxiety on and off since the age of 17... I'm now 24 and have fallen deeper than ever before and I truly feel as if I have given up and I just want to fall asleep and not wake up. I'm now back on medication and seeking talking therapies ASAP but I feel it's wasted on me - I don't have any fight left and don't want to have to battle on with this :,( I don't know what to do
  2. humdrum22

humdrum22 Member

Hello FLC,

You are not alone. I've also felt similar to the way you desccribe. If you'd like to share more about your situation please feel free to PM me or post more on this thread.

Have courage, my friend.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is not wasted on you hun i hope you give the medication time to work and the therapy ok You are so worth the effort the fight ok Coming here helps as well talking releasing some of the pain it helps to know you are not alone hugs
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, you are doing the right thing FLC. You do have the courage to fight it, because you taken the courage to post here. That takes a lot of guts to do. You will get support here and no one will judge you. Please keep posting and most important is take care.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi FLC welcome to this community. I agree with what everyone has said. I personally think that feeling like you have no fight left in you is so common with depression. I know thats trite to say and read. But I do think its true. Sounds like you are doing everythig right. Medication and seeking out therapy. Different people relate to different types of therapy. If you feel that talk therapy is the one that is correct for you at this time, I admire you for seeking it out.

Are you working with a psychiatrist who can monitor the medication to make sure it is the right one for you? Sometimes people get the right one on the first try. Other times, it takes two or three tries to hit on the one that finally brings relief. Just hang on though. I know the pain that can drive someone to want to just die. Believe me, I know. But just hang on. Give the medication and therapy a chance to work. Keep posting here. We know and understand. Glad you are here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.