• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Practical Advice HELP NEEDED

Hi guys, Please I have been encountering negative thought and that has really changed my life to the bad side
Can anyone help me on how to get rid of those negative thought?

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there, may I ask what is triggering the negative thoughts, what are they stemming from, only if you want to say of course.

I think therapy would help annd give you coping skills to reduce the negative thoughts.

SF is here for you too while you challenge them, you're not alone.

Lux

local yahoo
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have some that work for me, they might help or be worth a try
  • I usually visualise about what I'm trying to achieve and how great it will be to finally reach it that I'm sometimes able to keep the negative thoughts to one side while I achieve them - I see it like a challenge against myself, it works because I'm competitive
  • My negative thoughts are usually very irrational and my brain has a tendency to lie to me so I write in a journal to get it all out so I can assess logically what's making me feel that way and figure out how best to go about it

*grouphug2
I have some that work for me, they might help or be worth a try
  • I usually visualise about what I'm trying to achieve and how great it will be to finally reach it that I'm sometimes able to keep the negative thoughts to one side while I achieve them - I see it like a challenge against myself, it works because I'm competitive
  • My negative thoughts are usually very irrational and my brain has a tendency to lie to me so I write in a journal to get it all out so I can assess logically what's making me feel that way and figure out how best to go about it
Okay I will try

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @Justice Awortwe I think the best way to get rid of a thought is to replace it with another thought. I would think about what thoughts I do want in my mind and focus on those.

Sorry that you're going through this

Do you mean that you are generally thinking about negative things, or that there is some particular negative thought that is unwanted but that you can't stop thinking about?
Yeah there is a particular negative thought that is making me always sad

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00