Help Over the Internet?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mopetzpanda, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mopetzpanda

mopetzpanda Member

Hello All

Have only posted a couple of times here. Was given good advice about seeing a psychiatrist instead of my regular doctor concerning getting on some medication. I even went as far as to print out all the psychs that are on my insurance plan. I have had that for a week and have not had the courage to call anyone or even look at the printout. As the days pass I am feeling worse and worse, and more suicidal. I dont know how long this lucidity will last. The worse I feel, the more I am shoving food in my face and gaining lbs by the day I am sure. I am pretty overweight now and am feeling TOTALLY disgusted with myself. When people make fun of overweight people and find them gross, I agree with them. Because it is disgusting and fat people do it to themselves. My family want me to hang out with them, and they dont understand why I wont answer their calls. They think I stay away because I am lazy and selfish...but if they had to look this way, feel this way, and not have any clothes to fit into...they would not go out of the house either. The shame and guilt from not being with my family is overwhelming me and I see no end in site. Last year, I lost alot of weight and now have gained it all back, even more. That has been like the 10th time. Everyone looks at me at work, like what is the problem with you, why/how did you gain it back. Anyways, I feel I need help now and I am too chicken sh*t and am not strong enough (as usual) to go to a doctor and get help. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a clinic, or website, or doctor, online, (or even over the phone) that I could talk to and get some medication. Please help, I dont know what to do anymore.

MP

2. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean ;_; It's near impossible for me to leave the house and go out in public too. Mostly because of my body and my looks.

But honestly you shouldn't be nervous about seeing a psychiatrist. The more fucked up you are and the more you hate yourself, the more they love you. They get a kick out of talking to people with mental health problems.. It's what they're most interested in after all, psychiatry.

3. mopetzpanda

mopetzpanda Member

thanks for the understanding and encouragment. I am going to try and find the strength somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.