HElP Panic Attack

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by name_unknown_anymore, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...I can't breathe.....
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

please try to focus on breathing through your heart, as odd as that sounds. You are going to get through this. Yes, you will. Panic attacks are so very scary. But you will get through this. Just try to focus breathing through your heart. :hug: safe and calm. Safe and calm
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes, flowers has given some good advice...for me I just try to stay calm and realize I'm going to be ok...please keep talking to us if it helps :hug:
  4. Having another one - breathing hurts, everything hurts...fear is overwhelming. I'm hiding again - afraid to stay in and afraid to go out. Lonely. Afraid. So very tired. My heart is too broken to breathe with. This is hell.....and I can't live like this anymore. It has got to stop.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so sorry I did not see this post until right now. Panic attacks feel horriffic. Can you get something from a doctor to help you? I really hope so. Because its too horrible to keep having this happen. please consider getting medication. Will you do that?
  6. I have klonopin. It's 5 a.m. and I just woke up with another one. It is the worry over my daughter,the divorce and the sociopath. Any further medical assistance I seek or prescribd will be used gainst me by him in Court. You guys are the ony people I can talk to who understand and won't judge or use it against me.
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am soooooooo sorry this is going on. So much to be dealing with. do you have an attorney? Are you sure that if you see a psychotherapist those records can be revealed in court? It seems to me that if you related this information to a women's therapist it woould be kept confidential.

Do you think it would be a good idea to post your story a few places here? I am thinking that there are people here who must have been through something similar.

I am glad you are here. Just hang on. And please consider calling a women's helpline. I think they must be completely confidential. Yes? :hug: :hug: :hug:

If you would like to check them out, I found a couple of places online ( quick search) dealing with women and domestic violence. I will put the links to the forums here. If it feels right and okay, maybe you can post there. Not in place of coming here. But in addition to sf. Of course I do not know what these forums are like. But maybe they can help. Please keep posting here !
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  8. flowers

flowers Senior Member

sorry, I dont know if I was clear that the links I posted above are to the forums for women who expereince/d domestic violence. I hope one of the forums might be of use to you. women who have been through it. often the worst violence is mental/emotional. Wiolence is not at all limited to physical
  9. Thank you flowers - so much. today is almost over and I made it through without a panic, it was a good day. There are so few, that when it is good, I try to soak it in as much as possible.
  10. kangaroo2

kangaroo2 Active Member

When going through a panic attack, consider directing your attention to things you see. For example, see a pencil and focus on it. Observe its colour, texture, size, features. Verbalizing what you see also helps. Focusing on things in the immediate environment has helped me get out of a panic attack and back into the present moment so I can function.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.