Help, please help.....why can't I stop crying?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Untouchable, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untouchable

Untouchable Well-Known Member

I'm generally a very emotional person...Back in the past, I used to hold in it, no matter how many bad things happened, I would lock away my emotions and let it all out after a whole bunch of them gathered inside of me.

These past few years, even if a small problem comes up, it's like I can't control my emotions anymore...I break down and cry and it's like I can't even hold myself from crying. I don't want to be a cry baby or anything like that...I'm very, very sensitive, I get hurt very easily and life hasn't been that kidn to me...I'm sick of feeling miserable and always having to cry about it. I want to be happy. Why can't I be like other people, carefree and full of life? Why has this overemotional personality taken over me? I want it to stop...

I'm sick of trying to hold back tears in public...I feel humiliated, every freaking time....I can't hold back tears anymore...I have to excuse myself to everyone, go away to someplace nearby all by myself, and cry, cry til I can't cry no more, only to go back to them and have them look at me in a weird way..I'm sure they all talk about me behind my back and call me a crybaby or a weirdo...I'm even tiring out my boyfriend with my constant break downs, I know I'll lose him because of that...

What is wrong with me? :( I want to be happy, I need to be happy......
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Several things come to mind...the grass is always greener ,etc...most ppl look like they have happy lives, but if you unlock their doors, you will see otherwise...also, it is not healthy to repress how you feel...maybe there are many things you have not attended to and that you are crying over...your post raises a good to resolve the things we are crying over...I do not think being less sensitive is the resolution, but instead, it is being attentive to how we are feeling and getting that proportional to what is happening...last thing, have you had a medical exam lately? Sometimes, there are underlying medical problems which can make us appear more emotional
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.