Help please I am desperate

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by trekkiegirl123, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So for those that don't know me, I am american and was in Iraq from the ages of 11-13 I am 14 now. Both my parents died over there when I first got there at 11 and two years later my best friend bleed out in my arms, after that they were finally able to evac. me to the states. You want the full story see my previous posts.

Then last week I hit a cop by accented, at the station my godfather who just got off tour showed up. he was one of my mom and dad's army buddies, Sam. See we have problems.

I can deal with my night terrors but when I wake up to him usually screaming for my mom and dad ( he was in the jeep behind them when it blew. we are tight from this, when I run into his room to wake him he sometimes panics and sometimes it a little violent. nothing bad, just grabs my arm or something, leaves bruising but its nothing damaging, only once did he try to punch me.

But last night when I went to wake him, while he screamed, he reacted bad. He punched and I didn't get his arm in time, He hit my face. My nose broke instantly and as I hit the wall my arm snapped.
    Now pain does not bother me. In Iraq they don't really have good painkillers or medical supply were I was, you grit you bit down on what you are handed, given a small dose of pain killer, (Like one Advil) and they set a broken bone or what not, hey it was field medicine.

Anyway back on topic, when he came to his scenes. He was mortified, he stood up to quick to tend to me and BAM! He hit his head, knocking him out. ( MY LIFE IS LIKE A DRAMATIC SOAP OPERA!) When the EMT's got there they didn't notice my injuries till one insisted on checking me out.

After that they got all child services on my ass. At the hospital when I was all set with a cast and the good kind of pain killers. I had to spend the rest of my night clinging to a sleeping ex-soldiers arm, trying to get the child protection people to see it was a accident I got hurt. Mostly lying that I just scared him and he woke up to fast.

Now they left a hour ago and I haven't slept in 24 hours, I love Sam as a older brother and I can't let them take me away again... any lies to help me? he means well! HE cried about it all day today! AND SOLDERS DO NOT CRY! Please what do I do????

Am I going to loose him? I can't! Any lies, things to do? loop holes, do you think they will get it or believe me? I don't care what it is I will do anything. Please.:concern::

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Has Sam gotten any help for his flashbacks and night terrors? It seems like it would be pretty hard to deal with this on your own. I don't think you will lose him, just explain what happened and why he did it. Obviously it wasn't on purpose and sometimes people don't know what they're doing between sleeping and waking, or if they have a bad nightmare and might think they're still in it. I think he could benefit from some kind of help though. It would be hard for him to do it on his own, or even with your help.

3. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll take you from him either if you just tell the truth. I would suggest that you do not wake him up by touching him anymore. Stand well back by the door and make noise or phone him-- if there is another phone you can use and there is one by his bed. It might help with child protective services if you tell them how you've made some kind of plan like that so that it never happens again. You really have an incredible story. You should write a book one day.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

One of the condition for you to remain will probably be that he receives services for his PTSD so that you remain safe...depending upon where you live and whether there are any other family members will depend some of CPS' options...please PM me if you would like to explore this with me...I have been in pediatric care for over 30 yrs so I have some familiarity with CPS...sending you caring thoughts and huge hugs

5. AlienBeing

Of course, with the way you hit that cop by accident, I'm not so sure he's safe from you either! Maybe both of you better get some help with your PTSD issues before anyone else gets hurt. You might want to point out to CPS that you have much the same problem as he does and maybe the two of you can work on it together. Hence the very fact that he has the same problem as you makes him someone who can support and understand you better than anyone else. (I would have made such a good lawyer.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  6. What he was yelling for my parents and neither of us can stand those dreams. He was back when they died trying to make it through the fire to shocked to realize they were dead.... he still has burns and scars from shrapnel.

7. AlienBeing

That must be so awful for both of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.