Help Please... I don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by BornFree, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

I am under the Crisis Team after my husband said I need help... I have seen the nurse and the psychiatrist already.
    The Nurse rang earlier and asked to come round on Tuesday but my children are home with the holidays... and my husband will be sleeping as he's on nights. So I asked the Nurse if he has to say he is part of the Mental Health Crisis team and he replied that "he can hardly pretend to be a friend...!!" that he is coming round in a professional capacity...
    I can't stop crying that wasn't what I meant.... it would finish me if my son found out about my crisis. I asked at the beginning and they said all this was confidential...
    My son has HFA and ADHD, he was badly bullied I'd hate it if he found out and internalised my problems and worried that he had contributed to my crisis at all...
    I agreed to get help to protect my children and now I am making things worse...
    I can't take this stress anymore... I had a panic attack earlier, I just don't know what to do or say anymore... I am literally hanging on by a thread.

Any advice would be so appreciated... Thank you x

2. confused.com

confused.com Member

I'm not sure where you are, but I was under the Manchester Crisis Team and as I could never guarantee my housemates wouldn't be in, I arranged to see them in their offices. Have you asked if that would be possible? There's no way I would have let them in my house, my friends had no idea what was going on and I wanted to keep it that way.

I hope they can arrange this for you. They must understand that it's quite a delicate situation to be in - you wouldn't have a surgery or a dental appointment in your home, so I don't see why mental health should be any different.

I hope everything works out for you.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I used to sometimes meet my nurse at a coffee shop if i didn't want her round to the house. She was always willing. She just wanted to have a chat and was willing to accomodate. Why not call back and ask. See if you can get a babysitter for an hour if you can't leave the kids alone in the house (not sure how old they are). Don't panic. They are there to support you, not to make things worse.

4. sara856

sara856 Account Closed

Hey. I live in US and we don't have crisis teams here, at least not that I know of, so I can't really help with that, but I just wanted to tell you that I've been suicidal and depressed myself and I know how alone a person can feel, but please try to hang in there and get through this. You know your situation and your son better than anyone else, certainly better than me, but you might want to consider letting him know that you are struggling and assuring him that you are getting help. You have to do what you are comfortable with, but I would consider that he might already be aware that there is a problem and be afraid for you, and that if you come out with it and say "yes, I have been depressed, but don't worry, I have support and I'm going to be ok" it might actually be a relief for him to hear. it's up to you of course, but I thought I'd throw that out there- sometimes kids can be really perceptive about knowing when there is a problem, and I would worry that his imagination will make things even worse than they already are.

Anyway....it sounds like you have people that care about you...and even though you don't know me, I care too and would like to give you support. Please be honest with the people who are helping you and get yourself whatever help you need to get through this. If you want you can send me a private message anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hang in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.