Help please..urgent

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wideeyed, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wideeyed

wideeyed New Member

Hi,

I've literally just joined the forum cos I need some help quick

I'm talkiing to someone by email whose girlfriend attempted suicide today. He's in a state she's in the hospital.

Any tips on what I can say...I have some idea but any more help you can give would be so good

Thankyou

wideeyed

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

wow i'm sorry to read that. i'm sad she attempted but glad she's in the hospital. this means that she can get some help.

he's probably going through all kinds of emotional upheaval - fear, anger, relief, shock. i don't know about the "right" thing to say, just being there to listen will help so much. having you as a friend to share his feelings with with be a great help.

as for the reasons why, i read somewhere on the site here that we latch onto suicide as a solution when pain exceeds coping resources. the reasons for this pain are different and unique to each of us. he couldn't have prevented the attempt, but if he learns more about depression it might help

sorry i don't have more to offer, but thinking of you and your friend tonight,

catherine

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

hi and so sorry about your friend...giving someone the opportunity to express how s/he feels and being a safe and comforting space for him/her is so important...please PM me if I can help...J

4. wideeyed

wideeyed New Member

I met her on a forum and she has long standing friends there, some of whom call her on the phone. Its a very supportive forum. I'm currently waiting to hear how she is...the last I heard is that she was trying to discharge herself but the doctors and her boyfriend were trying to get her to stay there for a while longer as she seemed to be very fragile (understandably). It seems that she or he went onto the site today but didn't post according to her 'posts submitted' thing. She is a lady who convinces everyone she's fine whereas she's absolutely not.

I think I'm the only one who knows but can't be 100% sure of that. Knowing what's happened I respect her privacy but some of her friends on there have known her much longer than me. Tricky situation.

Wideeyed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.