Help please

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by special_needs, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

Well, heres the problem:

Next month i'll have to go to the hospital, just for a few checks... But i'll have to take of my clothes, just like i did last year. It means that i'll have to hide the scars somehow!!
    Does anyone have an ideia of what i can do to hide them?

thanks in advance.

2. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

This list is posted a couple threads above yours. Another member wrote this, so i can't take teh credit. I hope it helps.

I was doing some research into scar reduction, cause I have my school prom
    coming up. Feel free to add your own! I thought you guys might find this useful:

-rose hip oil rosa mosqueta

-Syprex is a clear, pure medical grade silicone sheet

-bio-oil scar reduction

-vitamin E oil

-methyl sulfonyl methane (msm) can reduce scarring, it is available as a supplement or cream

-mankua honey skincare cream and supplements

-Curad Scar Therapy Cosmetic Pads

-Vitamin-E capsules

-toothpaste overnight & boots natural collection colour corrector

-normal white scars- Add half a cup of fine salt, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
    Mix together and place on scars leave for a few seconds, scrub with a soft brush and then wash off in warm/hot water.
    Massage Vit E oil into the scars! Do this once a day! The salt exfoliates, the lemon juice lightens and the oil moisturises

-Savlon ActivHeal. They'll treat both new and old scars. (Up to 10 years old.) They're made of medical grade silicon based gel,
    and they're these thin, almost membrane-like sheets. In the pack you get two sheets, and they're reusable. You can cut them to size,
    and they're sticky on one side, so they'll stick to your skin. You can wear them day or night, for any length of time you like.
    (although probably, the more you wear them, the sooner you'll see results.) They've been developed specifically for hypertrophic scars(red and raised,
    no collagen build-up.), and keloid scars (red and raised, caused by a build up of collagen.) They flatten them and make them paler.
    It says that results should be visible after about 3-4 months. I can't verify that, because I didn't use them for that long
    (you can only use them on fully healed skin), but from what I did use and see, the scars did get paler. Quoted from the booklet: "No-one can
    explain exactly how this treatment works but it is believed that it may hydrate the scar tissue itself, creating ideal conditions
    for gentle softening & fading of scar tissue." I bought them a year ago, and I think that they cost about 20GBP. However, that's only from memory.
    You should only need to buy one pack for the duration of the treatment. Another thing I wanted to say was that what I do sometimes to cover up
    scars on arms is to buy some Tubigrip bandage, and put that on the arm. If people ask, I normally just say that I was in an accident and that
    I've got some scars that I feel uncomfortable about showing.

-Elastoplast scar removal patches

-Calendula cream also works, its a bit like vitamin E cream. The scar patches are faster, though

3. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

thank you so much, i'll try some of them.

4. jjustme

jjustme Guest

When your scars are all around the same place, you can maybe do a plaster on it? And you can say that you have had a little accident so you have to take a plaster?
    Or when it's on your wrists you can wear a wristband? Or some bracelets...?
    I don't think they'll ask you to put off your wristbands or stuff like that....
    Maybe you can try:unsure:

Well, good luck:hug:

5. jjustme

jjustme Guest

oh btw, I tried some products for scar reduction, but it was not a GREAT succes... You can always try, but please don't expect to much of them..:mellow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.