Help Please

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by agirl, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agirl

agirl Member

I have been depressed since I was 14. I am 34 now.
    I hate my life and I really dont think I will make it to the end of this month.

I have never sought help for my problems as I have always managed to bounce back temorarily. This time, I really cant do it.

I have decided before I go I should at least visit my GP and see if he can help me.

I am a shy person and not so good with words.
    Can someone tell me what I should say to my doctor? I am afraid they wont believe me.

Thank you.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi agirl and welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear that you have been suffering with depression since you were 14. Depression is such an awful mental disorder, because you look physically fine, but inside, you're in so much pain. I think you should talk to a psychiatrist and maybe try some medication. Please don't give up hun. :hug:

3. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

He will help you, but please don't do anything without seeing him first and doing what he suggests because you gotta try.

Say listen to me doctor X you have to help me get back to being happy again. I tried reading all the self help books, the magazines, and talked to people but nothing is working. I am suicidal and I need help Now.

Do not be afraid - he/she is a human being too.

I really hope you get help, I mean it Im in a very similar place to you right now and it hurts.

4. ixestto

ixestto Member

Seeing a doctor definitely sounds like something you should do. Tell them what you've been feeling and make sure to emphasize that you are suicidal and that it is urgent. They will take you seriously so don't worry about it. Just tell them in words everything that's been going on in your thoughts. I truly hope you can break past this.

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings..

6. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're going through this. :( it's great that you're seeking help, that shows how strong you are. Please hang on and try to accept the help that they offer. :hug:

7. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

As you know NOW is the time to seek help. There is nothing to be shy about. We ALL have problems. You seem like a very sweet person. Just take the first step. The rest will fall into place. When I was 20 I went to my first therapist andf had a total breakdown,but it helped and i got MUCH better in a few months. PLEASE don't worry just walk in the office and do it. We are all here pulling for you. YOU are too precious a soul to let go. So please go forward and get help. We will all be here too and want you to succeed and it will help us to know you did! Time to start a new and BETTER life!!!!

Write if you like,

Marty

8. tellnoone

tellnoone New Member

hi agirl

What I've always said is just "I'm depressed and I need your help." And then all the tons of things I need to say will come out as he asks about my depression.

If there are things I want to be sure to tell him, then I just write a few words for each to jog my memory.

But you don't have to be prepared with a list of reasons to validate your feelings, or know the correct terms to use, or be prepared to list your entire history of depression.

Then you should see a psychiatrist or psychologist. GP's just don't have the experience to counsel you, so ask him to recommend someone.

I can relate to your feeling he might not believe you. His reaction could be patronizing, or he might think you're overreacting or a hypochondriac or maybe even whining (I've had that kind...). In those cases you just have to move on to another one.

I hope this helps. It might also help to just brain-dump right here some of those things that make you depressed.

9. agirl

agirl Member

Thank you all for your responses and pm

I have an appointment on Tuesday.
    I hope I am brave enough to go.

10. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I just wanted to wish you luck I know how hard it is to get through the door, please let us know how it goes

Take Care

Rich

11. Marty482

Please go Tuesday. I BEG you, do it. We will all be so proud of you. You CAN do it. Happiness will come if you get help. Getting help is like a call to happiness. PLEASE we are all here for you and love you and care. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! If you need support or need to talk before please PM me. You're fantastic!!!!

Marty

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should make a list of your thoughts so you don't forget anything..When you see your doctor let him read the list and have him refer you to a pdoc..You can do it.. I have been depressed since I was 13 and I am now 53..Through getting help I have survived all these years..Take care!!

13. Marty482

You are in my thoughts. Hoping for the best for you Tuesday! You CAN do it.

14. agirl

agirl Member

I saw my GP today.
    I am on Citalopram for the next 7 days, then I have to go back to my doctor again.

Thanks for telling me to go.

15. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

you were brave enough to come here. thats a good first step

16. Marty482

YEAH!!!! You are the greatest! I am so happoy and prund you went!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:IrishDoll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.