Help please

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Dharma4815162342, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

So I don't really know where else to go with this. I've recently been through a lot that has forced me to want to lose weight. I'm to the point where I'm willing to do anything. I was so close to buying laxatives today because I've heard thats one way of becoming an anorexic. I don't think I could ever make myself throw up.

I'm just worried that I'm going to trade my food addiction for an addiction of another kind. Its a long story about why it is I'm here in this position. I'm just tired of being fat and ugly. I want someone to tell me I'm beautiful and that they love me no matter what. I want a support, like a sponsor with AA to help me lose weight. Otherwise I'm not sure what steps I'm going to take and it scares me.

Erica

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Often times we do trade one problem for another...have you sought ED counselling? That might be a more supportive way to lose weight while being healthier...J

3. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

I would like to go to counseling. However what I really want is a friend I can text in the middle of the day when I want a candy bar. I need someone spur of the moment who will gently remind me of what it is I really want out of life. You know?

4. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Overeaters Anonymous OA is an option, check out a meeting, they have sponsors.

Becoming anorexic will not solve your problems with food, or with life.

Getting support will help, you are on the right track.

5. NightPetals

NightPetals Active Member

Oh god, I want to give you a big hug right now. :hug:
    You are BEAUTIFUL. You are LOVELY. You are LOVED.
    So don't ever tell yourself you are not worthy again.
    It is time to get healthy. Start exercising. Try beginning of with an elliptical trainer, for me that really helped. Eat healthy, learn to balance nutrition and taste.
    I am here for you, PM me anytime.

Love~
    Sandra

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great advice to the OP :)

OP- try and learn to love yourself as you are, when you do..others will follow x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.