Help Please....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boyfriend got a very threating call the other day and now he is thinking aboout comittin suicide, i have been trying to talk him out of it and have ran out of ways to convinse him not to do it..... can anyone give me some more suggestions?:sad:

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
You can take him to the ER and let them know he's considering suicide.. What kind of threat did he get?? Maybe it's time to move.. That way no one knows where you live..He definitely needs help.. If he won't go to the ER then keep a close eye on him and if he harms himself call 911///

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Get him the help he needs...this is an issue far greater than you finding 'reasons'...Either the emergency room, the family physician, etc.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Just call crisis line let them know where he lives and what his threats are and they will deal with him okay You should not have to deal with his threats You call crisis the authorities and get him into hospital where he will get help

peacelovingguy

Has your boyfriend got any relatives or close friends? They might be able to intervene, plus, they might have some take on what the threatening call was about.

Crisis line would be an option also. You cannot take it on your head to become a suicide watch counsellor. If he says he is going to kill himself you have to take that how its said. You have a duty of care, grim though it may be, to inform family and if not the authorities.

Best of luck.

I suppose you could report the threatening phone call to the police

getting away to a place where he feels safe might be good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00