Help rid me of my thoughts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willing to help someone with an on-going suicide thought process for the past several years?

How about you guys start listing reasons I shouldn't kill myself. I'll argue my point on what you have to say and we go back and forth like that? I need to snap out of this terrible thinking process.

If anyone would be willing to do such for me I'd appreciate it. I really want to figure out WHY I shouldn't kill myself. I've not found a good logical reason yet. =)

G

ghosty11

Thoughts mental life is nothing but a trife strife in life you know that frustration and all is just a brain chemical nothing more when we die we rot and that is the spot.

@noplacetogo: Logically they die as well in the end so they'll lose everything also. So overall why does it even matter?

@ghosty11 Care to elaborate more? I don't believe I'm directly picking up on what you mean.

noplacetogo

They do die, but isn't it our responsibility to make the ones we love and who love us back happy while they are still alive rather than cause them pain?

I don't come to this understanding of making our "loved ones" happy? Once they die their world is gone, so their present is just like a bad dream. I don't understand a reason of having a "present". People live and they die, it's just how the world works. In my mind I don't see how people just don't get over it. It's never once phased me. Everyone I know could die and all I'd think is, "This is how the world works." and live on another day. Likely only pain I would feel is why it was them and not me?

Last edited by a moderator:

noplacetogo

I used to think that way about death too, that once someone you love is gone, that's it. There might be some tears and sorrow for a while but then you get over it. Then I thought about ever losing someone I love, I mean, like a romantic love. And I don't think it would feel the same. I don't think I could go on if I lost my love. So if you think about it that way, someone might be feeling that way about you, not necessarily in a romantic way(or in one), but in a pure loving way where your absence would devastate them.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, one reason to try and stay alive is reduce pain. Logically, we all want to have less pain in our lives and that includes people in your life. Therefore, isn't it our moral obligation to reduce the most amount of pain possible? By choosing not to kill yourself, more people will feel less pain whereas killing yourself would only cease your own pain?

Summer.Rain

Ammm... well...
If you have to go, then you have to go... =P
There are no reasons to stay alive really

But still we are here right? so... ask yourself why are you still here
and you will get your answare, right?

hi red rose,

what are *your* reasons for wanting to kill yourself?

for myself, i found that i couldn't *think* my way out of depression, instead i had to take specific steps, *action* if you will... and slowly, but surely my thoughts caught up. the more i thought, and argued with myself, the worse i got. it was like quicksand.

there was no resolution by thinking alone because mental illness (in my case) distorts our perceptions. my brain sank into well-worn grooves, which i took to be "the truth" of the situation, mistaking familiarity for truth. for instance i thought i was a failure, and a loser, and repeated this to myself over and over again. neither was the the truth.

so i'm wondering, what are you saying to yourself about your life, and about suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00