Help the police are involved

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ali 56, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

Just need some advice please. I had to go back yesterday and see the shrink and everything has gone pear shaped and very frightening. The shrink has now got the police involved, they rang me yesterday and today and I hope I have managed to fob them off? I feel like a criminal and all I want to do is find an inner happiness. Has anyone else experienced this and do the police back off?
    Kind regards Ali.

2. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

"pear shaped"?

fill us in on the details love =)

it'll be fine, as soon as the police surmise you're not going to hurt yourself, they'll back off

?what exactly did you say to your therapist

3. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I told the police that I am Ok I can't take the risk of them coming around the house and my husband finding out anything in case he gets violent again. I told my shrink my intentions and thought that I would be left alone! wrong. I am just going to keep my head down today and pray no one else rings or comes around, literary my heart is in my mouth. Ali

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Are you safe? That is the most important thing...if you are being abused/ or are not safe, please accept help...you are not a criminal and should not be treated like one...let us know what is going on...J

5. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I am Ok, it is very quiet here no more calls which is a relief, I have been to women's aid in the past. But it's not just that like many others I have been let down badly by others and I feel like I have been destroyed, it's an awful feeling. I just feel so confused.
    Kind regards Ali

6. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

Without knowing the back story (forgive me if I've misunderstood) but I would now be looking at suing the ass off the therapist for breaching confidence if it was me.

7. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I do not know the rules all I know is I can't let myself be banged up in a nut house over the weekend. Which I believe the police have the power to do. It's like sitting on the edge of a cliff.

8. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Here if the therapist sees fit there will be a cop car and ambulance waiting for you when you get home.

9. endgame01

endgame01 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
  10. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I don't know many of the details of what is happening to you, but it still sound so stressful!

If you aren't safe (either from hurting yourself or your husband hurting you), please be brave and take the help they are trying to give you. Accepting help doesn't show weakness - it shows strength.

If you aren't safe, I guess all you can do is be honest and cooperate with the police..? I don't know much about the law, but I would think that an honest, cooperative person would convince them you are safe a lot better than an uncooperative, angry, evasive person. (Even if you are feeling angry, I think it would be helpful to put aside that anger until you are certain that the police will not take you. Once everything is straightened out, you have every right to assert yourself to your therapist and/or the police!)

Good luck! Let us know how you're doing? I hope everything goes okay..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.