HELP to others?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TLA, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

I have 2 friends. I want to say the right thing & help. I cry when I think of their pain, I cannot make it go away. I can barely see thru my own fog. What do we say when loved ones far away plan the acts?? How to make them know their own worth too?? I know the feeling of loss too well.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

This is hard TLA. You have to keep reassuring them of their worth. Try to point out the negative aspects were they to succeed, and maybe if they were to attempt and fail. That can be almost worse. They need to know that they are not alone in their fight. When you are down yourself, it is hard to convince others that suicide is not the best option, though it always remains an option. Are they willing to talk about the things that are happening to bring them to this point in their lives? Have they sought medical help? I hope you are able to convince them and still take care of yourself. Remember your worth hun. It is high. :hug:

3. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

thanks for your guidance gentlelady. It is challenging to convience friends that their life is valueable, when you can't even convience yourself of your own worth.

I know that is is hard. Holiday times (Memorial day in US) is the worst for me.
    No one likes to be alone.

How can you say my worth is high?? I wish I saw that.

4. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

Your worth is high! I had to come out of my isolation :hiding: to tell you that! I wish you could see it too. :agreed:

Step by step, thats how we win this race and keep our course. You cannot control the actions of your friends but you can tell them how you feel. And with memorial day here freedom has an even stronger hold over us.

But no matter how many times they push away what you are telling them repitition brings progress, even though it may seem slight.

You are of great importance! You may not be the whole world but you can be the world to someone.

:)

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.