help... *triggering*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by swallowfall, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swallowfall

swallowfall Active Member

i sliced up my wrist with a stick on monday, and i'm thinking about doing it again... and... well... i'm worried that i'm going to get infected with some crap-borne disease or something because there is a lot of crap around where i found said stick. but it's the only thing available to me... so how likely is it that it'll get infected if i continue? oh yeah, and my mum saw my wrist and got mega pissed at me. not helpful.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Odds of infection are very high.

Need to talk to your Mum or school counselor about getting productive support and help as opposed to having people angry at you making it worse. Please keep posting here and consider some of the methods listed here to control urges to self harm... here is link to a bunch of them

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?120468-Ways-to-avoid-self-harm-(long-post!)

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Infection is a high risk, regardless of what you use to cut yourself, because you are essentially breaking the skin, which acts like a personal force shield for us to keep out all sorts of harmful bacteria, and once you damage a part of it, then you are inviting everything small and nasty to enter right into your bloodstream, so while cutting can produce some sort of mental relief from the emotional pain, you are really only doing a lot more harm to your body than simply a few scars here and there. I do try and discourage any and all forms of self harm in any way, but having been there once in my life (thankfully now long past) I know just how difficult it is to stop and how strong the urge can be to cut, so if there is nothing you can such as actively seek out some kind of personal help from a mental health clinic (there is usually at least one located in all major suburbs of all cities) then at least try and do so with some amount of safety counter on hand, such as dettol (an anti-bacterial agent); but even then, I would consider it safer if you did not give in to any such kind of action, because everything carries a risk and nothing is ever certain.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Make sure you clean the wound ok with peroxide or disinfectant of some sort Get some antibiotic cream on it. You need to really talk to your doctor as stated and talk to your councilor and parents to get help needed to stop this

5. swallowfall

swallowfall Active Member

Thanks all for your help. Things are looking a little brighter now, I have things to look forward to and friends to help me, but going up is harder than falling. I'll get back up there eventually but in the meantime, I can't help thinking that pain is a better way out.
    Cuts are looking ok so far, but I'll see if I can track down some antiseptic solution.
    I need an opinion: is telling your boyfriend that you're bi over email ok, or should I tell him in person?

6. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

Thats good that things starting to look up, i agree its hard getting better but its worth it when you go true friends to celebrate with you and support you.

I personally do the icecube trick when i wanna SI, and as for telling your boyfriend that you "are" or "might" be Bi, should be in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.