Help with anxiety?

Lately my anxiety has been having a negative impact on my life. I used to be able to control it in the past, but recently it's gotten really bad. Whether it's my social anxiety or general anxiety, it can hit me so suddenly and just leave me shaking. I always have that feeling that something is going to go wrong, that the worst possible case will happen.
Sometimes my panic attacks get so bad that I hyperventilate and pass out- it feels like I'm drowning and can't breathe. It's been having such a bad effect on my life, and I just don't know what to do.
Anybody know any tips? Please help me...

Stephanie4

I understand how hard it can be and anxiety is always going to be up and down in your life however there are ways in which anxiety can Be handled, is there a certain point where the anxiety started to increase ? What kind of things do you get anxious over in perticular and have you been to the doctors about them and maybe they could supply you with a reference to a breathing technique class such as dbt and how to be mindful in day to day activities?

Yo man anxiety ain't somethin to be afraid of laugh at it instead I find the best way to get rid of it is to jus how ridiculous ur fears can be talk about with someone I'm glad ur here doin that. Hit me up if ya need anythin man I got you. Peace.

hey, I also have social anxiety and I know how you feel.. When you are experiencing anxiety you are projecting yourself into negative future scenarios.. Your body thinks it's real and produces adrenaline and thats how you get all the physical symptoms.. I'm sure you know this.. Like most people with crippling anxiety you've most likely done your obsessive googling to find a solution.

I think that the only way to stop anxiety Starts with acknowledging that anxiety starts in your mental projection of the future, the physical symptoms are a result of your bodies response to feared stimuli (the negative imagined scenarios). So the only way to stop it is to stop it in its tracks continuously until you have conditioned yourself and it becomes habitual.

To stop it on its tracks you have to practise bring aware. In anxiety your awareness is totally consumed by mind activity. The only way out is to move your awareness to what is real. Your body, the sensations at this moment. Remember you cannot control your thoughts.. Your mind is not you it is just going on and on involuntarily like your heart beating. You can control only where your conscious awareness goes. So use the only real tool you have, your attention.

By the way if you actually do start practising this you may start getting loads of lucid dreams, not sure why this happens but it's awesome

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00