Help with overwhelming suicidal thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serena

I need help. Both my therapists are not available to talk on the phone right now. I don't know what to do about my suicidal thoughts. I was in inpatient last week now I'm in a partial program but my plan for if suicidal thoughts returned was to call either of my therapists. I see one of them in 2.5 hours but I don't know how to cope in the mean time and I'll have to drive myself there. I need advice or someone to talk to.

serena

I don't know how to distract myself. I don't have plans to do anything but the thoughts and urge are strong. I've learned so many skills but I can't think of anything I can do when the feelings are this intense.

I don't know how to distract myself. I don't have plans to do anything but the thoughts and urge are strong. I've learned so many skills but I can't think of anything I can do when the feelings are this intense.

listen to music, watch a nice movie, read, do something that you've maybe been putting off.. there are loads of things you could try

Why not try a comedy cartoon like theoatmeal.com or howitshouldhaveended.com
you can read them the cartoons and watch the funny movies from the start.

Which should take up your time until you see your therapist.

Also, don't panic, you are in control.

serena

hi all. thank you for your support during my very difficult time. I ended up returning to impatient that night when I saw my therapist but it was for the best. The new med I was taking had caused me to become out of control and increasingly suicidal. Thankfully I was able to get off of it and start something new. I'm home now and feel much better. Still a long way to go but at least I'm safe now. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00