• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Help with this?

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Hey guys. So I have a friend who’s been trying to figure what this says for 2 weeks no one so far as got any clue. Maybe someone on here can help. We’re looking at the middle word. Any ideas? Thanks

Edit:- that’s not me in the bottom part of the photo it’s a friend but can’t crop the photo without it taking away from the photo so please ignore it :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Well, that is a mess. My sister's a doctor, and i thought the cards she sent us was the most illegible handwriting in existence. I'm now forced to reevaluate this.
I don't have much confidence in this, but i think i might see "Hatmaker, quick, superior, labourer"
Can you explain the context of this writing? Maybe that could help?

Bergerac

Lost are only those who abandon themselves
I have done this with ancestry myself and when I couldn't read certain items, I joined the Facebook group of local history of where this particularly branch of my family came from. Suggest a post there. Or, do the same with a general history page there. Genealogy/Family history groups.

In addition, here is a list of the old professional, to perhaps try and match it up with.

http://www.worldthroughthelens.com/family-history/old-occupations.php

Equally of use, is if you could tell your friend to look up writing/letter styles of the time this came from. Then, she may be able to decipher it herself.

It would also be interesting to know if these three professions are related to the same person or several.

Anyway, good luck.

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
I have done this with ancestry myself and when I couldn't read certain items, I joined the Facebook group of local history of where this particularly branch of my family came from. Suggest a post there. Or, do the same with a general history page there. Genealogy/Family history groups.

In addition, here is a list of the old professional, to perhaps try and match it up with.

http://www.worldthroughthelens.com/family-history/old-occupations.php

Equally of use, is if you could tell your friend to look up writing/letter styles of the time this came from. Then, she may be able to decipher it herself.

It would also be interesting to know if these three professions are related to the same person or several.

Anyway, good luck.
Thanks I’ll see what she says! She’s been doing her family tree for months now guess this has come up somewhere. She got the other two professions but has been trying to look at this and work it out for months lol. However she believes it’s possibly from the 1950s

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00