Help with ''wrapping'' a link

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Petal, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Could someone please take the time to show me in screenshots how to ''wrap'' in a link. I used to be able to do it, must have amnesia :help:

2. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

3. Petal

4. Petal

Thank you SO much casper, i'm able to do it now :) you're a star x

5. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

:thumb:

6. Petal

Can I be cheeky and push my luck and ask how to take a screen shot? :forgiveme::thankyou:

7. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

No problem, I actually I like showing people this stuff :p I'm assuming you use Windows 8, let me know if anything is unclear

1. Press the "prt sc" button on your keyboard (around the top right usually)
    2. Open Paint (or another image program on your computer). Just in case - this is how to open Paint on W8: (a) and (b)
    3. Click 'Paste' in Paint. Then save the screenshot to your computer.
    4. Go to an image hosting website (eg imgur), then upload the screenshot

8. Petal

Yay I learned how to do that :) Anything else you can learn me? =)

9. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

:kool: not sure... anything else you'd like to learn?

10. Petal

I will have to do word processing as part of my course in september (not a computer course, thank the lord ha), what other things do you think could pop up that I could learn fairly easily to get ahead of myself? :)

11. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

Should be fairly easy for you, if you're used to using a computer every day. It's usually just typing up some text in Word and then changing the font size, colour, adding pictures etc. They usually give you a list of instructions with how to do everything, or give a demonstration at the start of the class, and then give you a task to complete. They assume you're a beginner to Word, the only thing you need to know is how to use a mouse and keyboard and stuff like that. So don't worry about it, should be a breeze, and if you have any problems you can ask the instructor :)

What will come in handy is basic stuff like copy/cut/paste, they come up in everything and are handy if you know the shortcuts - ctrl+c (copy - hold down the ctrl and c keys together), ctrl+x (cut), ctrl+v (paste) - that will save you time at some point! (sorry if you already knew all that). Open Office is like a free version of MS Office if you'd like to do some practice, though it's not really the same layout as MS Office anymore, but you can use it just to get used to changing text, clip art etc. Can't really think of anything else at this point but I'll let you know if I do!

12. Petal

Casper, thanks so much, would love to learn the short cuts and practice them, i only know the copy/paste one, as being a mod that is the only one i use lol

If you could list some i'd be very thankful :hugs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.