Help!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sweetwhisper, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetwhisper

sweetwhisper Well-Known Member

I canf take thissny longer!! I am soo fed up of it all! I am so tirsd of peoplesaying it will get better because it jyst gets worseee! Im rumning out of optionx snd only see one way out :/

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It does with right help the right support therapy meds it does get better Depression goes in cycles You call your doctor your therapist and tell them you need something more to get you out of the deep sadness your in. Have you tried the newer meds different therapies each day new meds come out so there is always hope hun
    Talking here venting ranting helps also release the built up pain some

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What's happening? Please talk to us, let us know what's going on!

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi PIP, welcome to the site. You say you are running out of options, I don't know your situation therefore don't know what you believe your options are, care to share more with us and we will try and help.

5. sweetwhisper

Thank you all. I would like to share more with you so you can help but Im scared to. I just don't have the words at the moment to describe whats happening ..Im stuck and scared :/

6. Petal

No need to be scared here, I know you are new but you will soon realise we are a friendly bunch who help each other out, share with us when you feel ready,no pressure x

7. sweetwhisper

Thank you *music* ..I'll reply soon about my situation, just finding the courage to write it and I need to find it soon before its too late :(

8. Petal

You are most welcome PIP. :hug:

9. sweetwhisper

Ah these thoughts just get stronger each day :( it frightens me! Ive changed my name btw from PIP to sweetwhisper, its still me lol. I don't want to take meds, Im not depressed, and therapy doesn't help because Im not too good at saying how I really feel in person. Ive always bottled my feelings up.

10. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Why dont you share some at least small details about what is actually bothering you so people may be able to offer a creative solution or method that they used to improve things if only slightly?

11. sweetwhisper

Erm ok, not going into too much detail but one thing thats on my mind is the constant flashbacks.

..i was kidnapped into a car by a gang of complete strangers!
    ..taken to an unknown house
    ..r***d and s*x**lly assaulted by the gang.

Flashbacks haunt me like crazy and Ive lost SO much because of what happened!

I really can't find the words to write anymore details atm :( sorry.

12. NYJmpMaster

With that kind of trauma it is unsurprising things have so difficult. Have you gotten any help with dealing with it at all? The PTSD can be effectively helped at least some by counselling and medications and typically it is also the route of depression that you do not believe you have but that would explain why you have no interest in things or in life anymore...... :hug:

13. sweetwhisper

yeah I've been to a few psychotherapy sessions but its not really helping much, I just can't express how disgusting I feel and end up sitting there in silence majority of the time. I don't want to take medication, Im 20 and I don't want to become dependant on it, I don't need medication anyway as Im not depressed ..I have lost interest in life because I feel like Im a burden and so much since has been taken away from me that I can no longer take this pain. I feel this is not a temporary problem because I hear people who 10 or 20yrs later are still trying to deal with similar situations. And this is just a small piece of what troubles me :( I have no one else to talk to thats why I feel so loww and needed to join this forum, just feel hopeless and running out of options :(

14. NYJmpMaster

Many time the issue with taking years to overcome things is because it takes years and years and years to start addressing them. There are effective medications to help with flashbacks, my daughter takes one and it has helped enormously. so far as not wanting to become dependent on them i if the option is dependent on medication that makes life much better or dead to suicide? I am unsure why you would be concerned about becoming dependent on a medication over the long term if all your thought processes currently are on ending it in the short term and see no point. I would see it more as a point of what do you really have to lose? With the counseling I doubt that you in a few sessions have got any benefit from it - that is not to mean it is useless or always will be - it taes time for you to establish trust and thta may or may not occur with the first therapist or type of counseling you try .....

15. sweetwhisper

If I take medication Id be tempted to OD if the hurting still gets too much :( the reason why Im concerned about becoming dependant on meds is because its something someone said to me and its happened to someone I know where they have become dependent on it to feel normal only after they have taken it ..sorry Im a little confused in wording this and don't know how to explain it all, Im sorry :( i just feel that taking meds won't help meee and isn't an option for me because someone explained it could possibly do more harm than good and that scared me ALOT and I ruled the option out because of them :( ahh I just don't see beyond my days, theres no future for me and I need a quick fix which is just impossible! In relation to therapy your probs right, trust is a keyy thing that will take me time to build upon and it will all take time, I think the therapist is good its just me ..but I don't know how much more suffering I can take! I reaaally just want to give up right now, this very moment ..Theres only so much a person can take :| Im about to explode!

16. sweetwhisper

Thank youu for your support :)

17. NYJmpMaster

Unless you have never taken any medication for anything in your life, all you need to do is read the list of possible side effects for even a tylenol to be scared.

So far as becoming dependent on to feel normal or need forever- If i stop taking blood pressure medicine and blood thinners for heart condition I certainly will not feel normal - In fact like many millions we are dependent on medication to stay alive - this number includes many on these forums in reference to psych - it is an illness and the most common way to treat an illness is with a medication. If I went to a DR about my high blood pressure and he told me if I came back 3x a week for 2 years he could teach me to attain a level of meditative state or calm through meditation and yoga so I do not need meds it may be true but 1. I would look for a new Dr - 2. I would likely not survive for the long time of talk therapy and coping to learn those techniques.

It certainly could be argued in the years since I might have learnt a different method and have never bothered but that is a different issue. You say you want it fixed in a hurry and fast as possible - then do not close doors to yourself intentionally - go talk to a professional and tell them what is going on and follow their advice instead of mine or your friends that is also not a Dr and has no understanding of how very difficult things are for you right now.

18. sweetwhisper

I am currently suppose to be on medication for something different and have unfortunately faced some of the bad side effects but I still have to take meds, I've been back to the doctors and they have given me something else to try but I've stopped taking them because I was previously hospitalised. Maybe this is also what makes me scared. The side effects are daunting, since taking these tablets my BMI has decreased to 13.5! Thank you truly for your advice, I really appreciate it! I have taken into consideration what you said and I'm going to try and find the courage to see a professional to tell them what's going on and how low I've been feeling. I'm just scared of it all.

19. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're taking in consideration of the advices from the moderators. They offer great suggestions such as seeking help or take meds. They mean well and are genuinely concerned about us. I wish I had the experience to become a moderator. I think I would help a lot of people that are struggling like me and you both and of course all the other members of this forum. Wish you well!

20. sweetwhisper

Thank you mpang123 ..yeah I'm going to consider it because I came on here for help and I'm going to try use that help that they are giving me :) you are doing a great job already, just by replying to posts and giving advice you are helping people, just by replying to me helps more than you know so keep it up :) wish you well also :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.