Help?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mandy, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandy

mandy Well-Known Member

Thing I'm gonna relapse tonight. Nobody will answer this before then. Maybe i'll try to sleep , I don't know… I don't want to write too much. Any advice on distractions? I usually draw but I'm too tired. Nevermind Maybe i'll try to sleep yeah. anyway this was a pointless post i apologize carry on

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Mandy, pleased to meet you :)
    My fav distraction is playing cards online - bridge with other (live) people - I find it totally absorbing and helps me forget about troubling thoughts should they start to try to take my mind places it doesn't need to go.....

No post on SF is pointless, at all, ever. :) I hope I managed to answer yours before 'then' :)

3. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

Urprecious is right, no post is pointless
    I like to draw as a distraction too , when I'm too tired I sit on the chat room here and talk to people or just with the conversations, it usually makes me feel less lonely and fall asleep. Hopefully this is helpful, sometimes distracting yourself is hard but it's possible , hang in there :)

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Your post isn't pointless. You can open up to us at any time, and we'll be here to help. I usually post on here for distraction, talk to people, write, watch movies or TV, clean, do things like that. I'm not sure what things interest you, but I'm sure there are things you can find that will occupy your mind for a while. If you need to talk to someone to take your mind off things, feel free to message me at any time.

5. mandy

mandy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys :) your suggestions helped me make it through the night. I finally fell asleep but woke up like every 25 minutes the whole night :( But, hey I didn't relapse! Thank you all so much and it's so cool to have people to help you through that stuff; I love this forum! :)

6. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you made it through the night :)

7. mandy

mandy Well-Known Member

Thanks! Me too :)

8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

well done Mandy, good to hear, wtg!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.