Help!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kiggy, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I have been having suicidal thoughts for the past ten months have been hospitalized 9 times. I have a 16 year old daughter and the only thing that has stopped me is the thought of ruining her life.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You have to be kind to yourself. I understand that you are suffering but can you what's causing such thoughts. You will not be judged but compassion will be shown.

We all suffer but it's dealing with your thoughts one day at a time. I know your are struggling but you are no longer alone. We all struggle here but we help others like you. Only people who struggle like you and me understand you emotions.

Keep posting and I will try my best to help you.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Kiggy and welcome to the forums. Would you like to talk further about what is making you feel this way? You shouldn't have to endure this pain. I wish you well and keep fighting this.

4. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I have bipolar disorder and have been having major depressive issues since April of 2014. Nothing seems to help no medications nor talk therapy have helped.

5. Petal

Sorry to hear about your condition. I personally don't have bipolar but there are a lot of people with it on this forum.
    Finding the right medication can be a painful and daunting task but you can do it. It can take a long time, it took me about 7 years. Had a lot of ups and downs but now I am pretty stable.

6. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

I have lost two jobs, embarrassed myself tremendously during a manic episode and am in financial ruin.

7. Petal

That is really rough, I feel for you. Please talk to your doctor about how you are feeling..
    We've all done things when feeling not ''right'' and not proud of but who hasn't. Keep talking to us here!

Best of luck to you :)

8. Kiggy

Kiggy Active Member

My doctor is useless. I tell him how bad I feel at every visit and he just pulls out his script pad and changes my meds once again. I was in a crisis situation yesterday and was picked up by my parents who talked me out of going to the hospital again because they don't feel they help me there.

9. bayareagirl

bayareagirl Well-Known Member

Hi Kiggy, thanks for sharing. Keep posting. We'll listen. I hope you get relief and help beyond just the script pad.

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi kiggy, thank you for replying back. You are important and I can understand your are struggling everyday.But it's about dealing one day at a time. I struggle everyday but I set simple goals everyday and try to achieve them. If I don't them I do not get upset. You struggle everyday but we get you this tough time. I do recommend that you use the private diary to write things down as it help you to feel at ease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.