Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shandi, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Shandi

Shandi New Member

New here. Honestly it's the first place I checked but have no idea what I'm doing. Just wanted to put it out there that I'm feeling like I'm done again. I've tried a few different things in the passed 10 years, but I am still here. I keep coming up with different ways to die that won't involve my kids finding me. Tonight, is the first time since May that I have seriously thought about it again. The idea creeps in and I had been able to shake it until today. Now I've come up with a new plan and it's scaring me how easy it seems to be..
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello Shandi, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

I hate to hear that you are having such a hard time, especially if you are considering suicide as a answer. What is going on with you for you to feel this way? Do you know why we feel suicidal? Would you like for me to explain it to you?

I would personally love to hear more about you and your story. The more you share, the more we can help you.

Take Care
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. Hugs. Can you tell someone in your life how you are feeling?
  4. travelgal8605

travelgal8605 New Member

Hey Shandi, I’m fairly new here too. I’m sorry you’ve been struggling. When you say you’ve tried a few different things are you meaning you’ve tried to harm yourself different ways or you’ve tried to seek help in different ways? Is there someone you can talk to about how you are feeling?

You’ve been able to fight the good fight for a while now. Are there ways you can take those thoughts captive as you have in the past? Is counseling an option?

Please seek help.

Praying for you.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello @Shandi and welcome to SF. What are the things you have tried in the past 10 years?, medication, therapy, meditation etc?? Feel free to elaborate.
    So now that you know what doesn't work for you, try and get inside your brain and think of things that will help you, does talking here help? Even if it is to a bunch of strangers? We're not just a bunch of strangers though, we are a big family that help each other all the time, I am so sorry you are suffering but please know you are never alone in this fight, we are here and we care about you, good luck to you in your recovery :)