Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Indespair74, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Indespair74

Indespair74 New Member

help I'd like to be gone
  2. James5706

James5706 SF Supporter

Hello. I think a lot of "us" on here feel the same at times. I know i certainly do. Almost daily....
    I always try to see it, as a battle against something bad. A little like, me, against "them". Try fighting against "them" hour to hour. Even minute to minute, or second to second, if needs be. I try to summon the strength daily, and as thus far i have won the battle to continue the battle, that is life. Just remember, you are not alone. We may not know what each other by looks, But be we certainly know how each other feels.
    Good Look to you.
    SillyOldBear likes this.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi Indespair. So sorry you are struggling. Like James said, many of us here thing about being gone. But, fortunately it a a pretty unnatural act. So we remain and keep up the fight. I like the way James puts it. We fight hour to hour, minute to minute, even second to second. I hope you will tell us more about what brought you here. In the meantime, do take care of yourself. And remember, everyone is special.
  4. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello Indespair, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us here at SF. I see that you are struggling. You are with friends now. You will never be judged. You will never be ridiculed. That behavior is not tolerated here. If you get really bored, I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Know that you are not alone in pain. You are not alone in suffering. I would personally love to hear more about your story, what is going on with you? what has brought you here? If you are like me, you stumbled across SF, because you were looking for ways to hurt yourself. If you are not suicidal, that is great. If you are suicidal, do you know why we feel that way? I say we, because I am suicidal too. If you don't know why you feel suicidal, would you like for me to explain it to you?

If you feel like your story should be discussed in private, that is fine. I invite you to PM/IM me anytime. Let us help you , my new friend.

Take Care
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and here is a warm welcome to the forum!!! Please let us know what it is that is troubling you and we will try and help as best as we can. you deserve better, don't ever give up hope (read my signature ;) ) It can and will get better. Keep talking to us!
  6. Indespair74

Indespair74 New Member

Thank you everyone, I am 42 years old, I am bipolar and went off my meds and lost a lot and ended up in the psych ward. My family is mortified. I am back on my meds but I still feel hopeless sometimes. I'm tired of being so sick. It's hard for me to open up. I isolate. I was researching methods when I found this site. I appreciate your words of encouragement. Thank you very much.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Regardless of age or illness, I firmly believe your family should be there to hold your hand no matter what. Did they actually use the word mortified to your face? If so it is shame on them. You would not apologise for having a heart attack or don't for a mental illness either. The stigma is very strong and it is horrible. But keep in mind this is not your fault. How did you get on in the psych ward? How was your treatment in there? Were they any bit helpful and understanding?