• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Help

I don't know where to begin, I just finish my final thesis seminar and I cry in middle of it. I manage to get through it but my mind went haywire and my emotion got unchecked. One of the professor snap at me and said she can't wait forever for me to stop crying. I know it's my fault, I feel horrible about it, I know I shouldn't have cried in my final thesis seminar.

I just feel awful, it looks like everything falling apart, I even have some unwanted thoughts

MisterBGone

Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear of under what would’ve been considered to be, “normal circumstances,” a fairy stressful event, or situation. . . What in your eyes, turned in - or out - to be a “traumatic one.” But, I feel that since it was due to, or as a result of a pure emotion—that is, something that was coming from a place of honest & sincere feeling; that it can be understood how someone could fall victim to the severity & the gravity of the impact of the pressure, in the given situation. I am sure that your professors in the room were well aware of this (have perhaps, possibly encountered something like this before-) & even if they haven’t, there’s a pretty decent chance that they’ve viewed, or witnessed nearly everything else in their time approving thesis’s. . . So, sometimes it’s tough to control our selves, when undertaking such extreme moments, where we know how much hinges on our performances, and over something which we’ve worked so hard, and so long on.
Now, one o f my math professors in college was telling me of this exact thing happened (or a similar very nerve wracking moment or event!)... where he’d finished his presentation - or defending of this thesis; & he’s sitting outside the classroom, or wherever they were, in the hall... just like- waiting for ever, it seemed!! And he’s thinking. . . What could be going on jn there? And how could I have screwed it up— they must’ve hated it & etc. etc. They later: much later (or so it was in his eyes & memory) called him back in, only to tell him they’d decided to approve of his work, fairy early on - & then were just engaged in some other unrelated topic of discussion (maybe something like gossip; or a tv show - who knows?). But so, turns out he was sweating over nothing! ;)

Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear of under what would’ve been considered to be, “normal circumstances,” a fairy stressful event, or situation. . . What in your eyes, turned in - or out - to be a “traumatic one.” But, I feel that since it was due to, or as a result of a pure emotion—that is, something that was coming from a place of honest & sincere feeling; that it can be understood how someone could fall victim to the severity & the gravity of the impact of the pressure, in the given situation. I am sure that your professors in the room were well aware of this (have perhaps, possibly encountered something like this before-) & even if they haven’t, there’s a pretty decent chance that they’ve viewed, or witnessed nearly everything else in their time approving thesis’s. . . So, sometimes it’s tough to control our selves, when undertaking such extreme moments, where we know how much hinges on our performances, and over something which we’ve worked so hard, and so long on.
Now, one o f my math professors in college was telling me of this exact thing happened (or a similar very nerve wracking moment or event!)... where he’d finished his presentation - or defending of this thesis; & he’s sitting outside the classroom, or wherever they were, in the hall... just like- waiting for ever, it seemed!! And he’s thinking. . . What could be going on jn there? And how could I have screwed it up— they must’ve hated it & etc. etc. They later: much later (or so it was in his eyes & memory) called him back in, only to tell him they’d decided to approve of his work, fairy early on - & then were just engaged in some other unrelated topic of discussion (maybe something like gossip; or a tv show - who knows?). But so, turns out he was sweating over nothing! ;)
Hello, thank you for the respone. As for me the professor is holding my grade and wants me to fix my thesis first. I'm not sure if I will gradute or not. Let alone my grade, there is chance, but I don't want to think about about it and too tired.

I just feel horrible, I know I can do better, yet I didn't. I shouldn't have cried in middle of my presentation.

Hey there,

Good thing for your professor, sorry for being so negative. I still feel awful for such trivial thing and haven't get better

MisterBGone

Hello, thank you for the respone. As for me the professor is holding my grade and wants me to fix my thesis first. I'm not sure if I will gradute or not. Let alone my grade, there is chance, but I don't want to think about about it and too tired.

I just feel horrible, I know I can do better, yet I didn't. I shouldn't have cried in middle of my presentation.
Hey, well if he’s giving you the opportunity to correct your mistake (which was honest to begin with...) then take advantage, and show them what you’re really made of! What’s done is done. No sense wasting time & energy/effort crying over said spilt milk 🥛!!;) (unless we’ve somehow developed a time machine while I’ve been asleep 💤)! ;D

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00