help??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by weirdal, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

Hi im 14 years old, and have being salf harming for about a year now.

My parents an friends seem to comment of me wearing long sleeves even in the burning heat. My mum always asks why im self concious about my arms, but i just change the subject.

Im asking for help about either some excuses i could use for wearing them, or maybe some stuff you can buy to help hide scars. Might the scars heal eventually?

thanx alot for your help

alex

2. //x/forgottonemo/x//

//x/forgottonemo/x// Well-Known Member

my friend's the same age & has exactly the same problem with long sleeves.
    could you say that maybe you fell off your bike or something like that?? or if you have a pet could say that, my mate has a dog and uses that as an exuses and most people dont question it.

you could probably use concealer to cover up scars, it might not cover them completley if you have pale skin but it makes them fade in more, so theyre less obvious

3. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

ok thanks a lot, il try looking at some concealer an see the results, thanks again

4. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i have the same problem, concealer works for me
    you can also wear arm bands instead

:hug: there are some oils, ointments, etc that you could buy as well. they do sell scar reducing products, i am not familiar with them though.

5. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

thanks smilepretty, il head out to buy some concealer tommorow if i can

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Also try a product called Moderma. It helps diminish scars over time. But if you don't stop hurting yourself, then you will always have either scars or wounds.

7. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

hi weirdal
    great to meet u 2day
    if i can help please pm me
    my son lewis says his runescape name is k0ed ure k1n
    hed love some tips
    he is 12

8. 04jwilliams

04jwilliams Active Member

heya weirdal. i'm 14 too and self harmed last yr but with the help of my friends and school i managed 2 stop and haven't done it since. u shud mayb try and talk 2 some1 about it like ur friends or parents or some1 and i'm sure they won't b angry they will be concerned and want 2 help u 2 stop. btw u can pm me anytime u need 2! xxx

9. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

try vitamin e oil in gelcaps. poke a hole in the cap and rub it i very well. it will help the scars heal faster. did it when i was your age. it helps. pm me if you ever need or want to talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.