help...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Xistence, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xistence

Xistence Well-Known Member

one of my online friends is really suicidal right now and I don't know what to tell her.. :sad: does anyone have any advice?

2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I don't know how qualified I am to answer this question, but I know whenever I'm feeling crappy the thing that helps me the most is to have caring friends around me (which you're friend is lucky to have in you :hug:). If I were you I would tell her how much you love her and appreciate her. Not in like a guilt-trippy 'I'd miss you so much if you died' kind of way, but more just telling her how important she is and all the good qualities about her. When depression hits me hard, I can't remember anything good about me and only focus on my shortcomings, so it helps to have people put life in perspective. I hope that helps!

3. eutxry

eutxry Member

Link her to this forum.

4. Xistence

I've been talking to her to keep her mind off of it. She said that she is calling someone on the phone, so I may not know until tomorrow. :sad: I'm worried about her.

5. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Due to the ratio of failures and the hospitalization that comes after you fail, it's really not worth it. Also remind your freind of all the positives she has going in her life. Remind your freind how strong she is and that she can make it through this.
    If none of that works, convince/beg her to go see a professional about her feelings. I hope this advise helps.

6. Xistence

I think she has already been put in the hospital before from an attempt. I just hope I have a message from her tomorrow. Night everyone.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Be sure to tell her to join this forum so we can help her too. You're a good friend for caring so much about her.

8. Xistence

she is still alive...

thank you everyone for giving advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.