Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by paulm, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulm

paulm Member

Hi,
    Google has everything lol. Im 23 and never been socially accepted, i was a late bloomer so in school so everyone ignored me because of it. I have alot of suicidal thoughts and tired od'ing twice, once with penicillin and once with 96 caffiene tablets (i know lol). I spend 90% of my day in my room watchin TV and sleeping. Im getting pretty annoyed now, i want to be able to go out and enjoy life (ie, laugh, love and cry etc). Please someone help me.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Palm,
    I know how you feel! I have been a isolationist for 15 years. I have come to terms with it. I have been able to venture out of the house a little at a time. What you need is a good therapist.
    I will never get rid of these feelings, I just live with them. I get suicidal every now and then, I have learned to live with that also. My therapist says that if that is where you are comfortable then so be it. Nothing says you have to get out and socialize.
    Get yourself a good therapist and let her/him teach you how to cope!! Trust me it makes a big difference!! Good Luck...:chopper:..

3. paulm

paulm Member

Hey Stranger,

I want to go out and socialize i just cant get the courage to do it.

4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Try signing up for a social activity, it helps when the people around you share a common interest that you can all relate to, it gives you something to talk about. I met some nice people last year when I went to get my diver's license, a friend is on close terms with all the guys on the track team with him and so on. Like anything, if you're nervous about taking the plunge it helps to do it in small steps and build up until you feel you're ready for bigger things. I'd say a gathering of people you already know have something in common with you is a good place to start.

5. paulm

paulm Member

Hi Emily,

I wouldnt know where to look for local social activities thats the problem with this hell hole of a country, when im in america im a different person, thats not going to happen anymore since my mum has passed away. Northern Ireland is depressing the hell out of me.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi paulm. I think you need to try spending some time outdoors, like going for a bike ride or even just going to the mall. Spending most of your day in your room must get boring after a while. You have to meet new people and try different things. :hug:

7. paulm

paulm Member

We have 1 shopping centre (mall) and its mainly cheap sh!te, I like technology not cheap tack. Im bored out of my tree to be honest. I dont know anymore i need help but dont know who or what to turn to.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Paul, I can relate to how you feel. I spend 100% of the time in my room, I never socialize with anyone.I have been to N.I before , I have to agree with you its a depressing place(im from the south). Have you tried therapy? Are you on any medication? :hug:

9. paulm

paulm Member

Hey Daisychain,

I dont know who to goto for therapy. Im on Tamezapam (sorry bout the spelling lol) to help me sleep thats about it. I need a break from this country but have to many financial obligations.

What is there down south?

10. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

finding something to do is tough, i typically use that as my excuse to not try when i'm feeling defeatist, but as you know the internet has everything. lol try looking up local events, groups, etc... pick something you are interested in or think you may be interested in and google it. see if there isnt a group of people nearby who share your interest. maybe start small. find a local chatroom or forum for that topic. get to know some people from the safety and anonimity of the internet. from there try to hook up with some event for that interest, maybe even go with some of the people you've been chatting with, that way you dont feel quite so socially alone or awkward.

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey, Your doctor should be able to refer you to a therapist. Don't suffer in silence, be honest and tell them how you feel. The south isn't much better:laugh: but there is much more help services and support groups for depression etc. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.