help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by stokefan, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokefan

stokefan Member

i feel pathetic for posting this but

i recently lost my job, then the same week my girlfriend left me a few weeks later she had our child, who she is stopping me from seeing her, i cant find work anywhere, i feel so low, i just dont want to feel like this any more, i dont want to die but i cant see another way out of this.

i have never been low before, but now my head is screwed really bad, i think they both are better off without me

i dont know what to do, i want to switch my head off

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Maybe you will find a new job? I know that the economy is pretty bad right now, but don't give up hope. You have to provide for your child. I'm sure your ex-girlfriend will let you see her eventually. :hug:

3. freefalling

freefalling Active Member

hi Stokefan,
    right now everything seems to be going against you but you got to be even stronger now than ever before for the sake of yourly newly born baby - congrats by the way.Your relationship with your girlfriend may or may not be over but you will have to accept whatever happens.Every child deserves to know its father and in time you will see this to be true.

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

She has absolutely no right whatsoever to deny you seeing your child. You should take her to court and maybe even get custody of her, she cannot deny you to see her, especially if you are paying child support.

I wish you luck in finding a new job.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend and loss of job. Don't give up. I am sure you will find work. Are you able to get unemployment? Congratulations on the new baby. You cannot be denied access to your child. Seek legal services if you want that to change.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Stokefan,

Welcome to SF! I'm glad you found us :hug:

Hopefully you will be able to find another job :hug:
    As for your girlfriend stopping you from seeing your child, you will have to take her to court for custody/partial custody of the child. Why won't she allow you to see the child? They aren't better off without you hun. I hope you can resolve these issues soon :hug:

7. stokefan

stokefan Member

she is being funny, i feel really bad, i think i get worse at night because im lonely, i dont want to talk to my friends about these problems or family.

it is over between me and my ex because she went with someone elselast week. even though we had broke up i didnt see it that way

8. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Please follow advice to get contact with your child. A childs love pays no heed to whether you're a prince or a pauper my friend. I hope you find a way forward, good luck.

9. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

A little time and a lot of support will help you deal with the loss of your girlfriend. That grieving process is hard, but it's inevitable.

Finding a job can be a real challenge right now. Unemployment in my county is at least 14%. Until you find some work, there are services that can help you with basic needs. I'm on disability - maybe a third of what it takes just to survive - so I know a lot about seeking out help with housing, food, transportation, medical help. And if you have bills, creditors are more willing to work with us than we realize. Hang on. There's hope. My hope for you is that you'll be able somehow to be part of your baby's life.

Jim

10. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice if there were a switch that would turn off our brains?:rolleyes:

11. stokefan

stokefan Member

yes, i wish i had a switch, lol

thanks for your replys people

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Stokefan,
    I posted you yesterday but I don't see it here. My computer kept locking up yesterday so my post is probably floating around in siber space.
    Anyhow you have every right to see your baby. You will probably have to go to court to gain part time custody. Your girl will need you as much as she does your ex.
    My ex moved back up north with my daughter which wasn't an option for me because there are no jobs where she lives at. I lived there for six years and could only find seasonal work, then I would be layed off and collect unemployment, and then welfare until the season started back up.
    My daughter has had a rough life because of this. She has been thru foster homes, institutions for bad behaour, and her mom kicked her out at thirteen. I had her down here twice but the damage was already done. I tried to show her love and support, but she would just tell me she is going to do what the f*** she wanted to do. Then she started running away, so I had to ship her butt back up north. The town I live in is a transient town. there are alot of homeless people here because of the weather. I could only imagine what would have happened if I didn't send her back!!
    My point by telling you this is your daughter needs you there for her from the beginning so you can build those bonds between you!!Take Care!!~Joseph~

13. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

'i want to switch my head off' lol. Anyways, its kind of strange that she would leave when get a baby together. A job will come, don't stress over it, keep searching like all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.