Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by MourningAngel, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

my brother told me yesterday, that althoug his friends (and his family) tell him that he's thin he can't really believe it. He hasn't developped an eating disorder yet but he said himself he's afraid that he will. He was treated badly up until now because he wasn't thin and now he is, but he's still scared that they will start bullying him again. I'm worried about what he will do. What could i say to him. or how can i help him? Please. i don'T want him to start anything like that.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Sorry about this, I do not fully understand the problem. What is it that he's afraid of and who is it that he thinks will start bullying him?
  3. MourningAngel

he's afraid that poeple will start bullying him again, because he weighs too much, which he doesn't but he'S not sure about it. he doesn't want to risk anything.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Keep trying to reassure him. Things like this are difficult though since you are dealing with a person's perception of themself. So they don't necessarily see themselves the way you do.
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Maybe send him to see someone professional? Failing that, help him work on his self esteem.
    When you lose weight sometimes it's hard for your mind to catch up with your body. In the way that you're still in the mindset of being bigger.
    He's lucky to have such a supportive sister. :hug:
  6. Noongsaao

Noongsaao New Member

Could you ask him what would convince him that he's thin? Does he have a friend that he thinks is thin? If so, maybe take a picture of them side-by-side. Of have him put on a pair of their pants.

Idk, that's the only thing I can think of right now.But Mel-x is right: He's lucky to have someone that cares so much about him. I wish I would have had someone that caring around me when this all started for me.
  7. MourningAngel

thank you very much for your help and kind words :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.