Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Nathan :), Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan :)

    Nathan :) Banned Member

    how did you cope with having to see the person that sexually assualted/raped you? i'm asking because i have recently been sexually harrassed at college at still have to see him and im finding it very hard.I can't avoid him as i have to walk past him to get to my lesson.:sad:
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    You talk to a teacher a councillor and let them know what is happening. You can get a restraining order to keep him away from you. Talk to someone get it out in the open about his behavior so others do not suffer. Go to school doctor or councillor they will help you deal with this. take care
  3. DS

    DS Account Closed

    i'm not sure, but i think it might be good to somehow empower yourself...i think you have to completely convince yourself, that you are safe and that it can't happen again or perhaps convince yourself that you have the tools to be safe if it does...otherwise i'm not sure you will feel okay.

    so, are you safe walking past this person? if not, why? and what can u do about it so you will be safe. Is there another path to take? if you keep narrowing the questions...and then come up with solutions for each, it may help...i'm not certain. i do think you have to be wholly convinced that u r safe, in order to feel ok seeing this person.

    could it happen again? are you capable of stopping it if it did? maybe brainstorm each of these out with someone. it may mean you have to take some sort of action...reporting the person, a class on self defense, a partner to walk with when you go past this person, etc.

    might also be good, to talk to a school counselor or someone
  4. xXWhateverItTakesXx

    xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

    Talk to a teacher. Tell them what happened. They can help you hun. There is stuff they will do to make sure you see him as little as possible.

    Take care :hug: xx
  5. taylord

    taylord New Member

    my ex boyfriend repeatedly raped and abused me, got away with it, he lives in my town. it doesnt get easier, you just find better ways to cope with the pain.
    when i see him, i think back to the moment he first abused me, and i imagine me walking there is me walking out of that room and not looking back. it helps xxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.