Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by girlblue, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlblue

girlblue Active Member

What does it mean when you are excited about your *plan* but afraid at the same time? I want to live but cannot face my problems? SOunds immature, huh?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

A suicide plan can be both scary and exciting, because on one hand it gives you something to look forward to and on the other hand it's scary because you know that your life is coming to an end. Why are you unable to face your problems? Life is full of problems. There really is no way around it. The difference is how you deal with your problems. You can let your problems consume you or you can face them head on. :hug:
  3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Yea, you don't sound like someone who truely wants to off herself.
    What are the pros and cons of life for you?
  4. girlblue

girlblue Active Member

My problems involve alot of personal and professional issues. i know life is filled with issues, but these I cannot deal with.
  5. cloud720

cloud720 Member

The closest I ever came to doing something was exciting because I set a goal for myself. Getting what you need to have a painless death is not an easy task. It was a challenge that I actually cared to take on.

I've doubled my salery in less than a year but that means nothing to me. Its just a job. There aren't many things I care about. I did care about ending my life.
  6. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Ive had that same feeling before.. also have been so numb b4 that I dont feel even those feelings..

Ive found that if ur havin those feelings, you are prob not totally sure if you want to live or die rly.. Although, thats just my opinion..

I cant stop you from doing anything..
  7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:hugtackles: It means you are human hun. That is our gift, we can say one thing and do another. :sweat: I try to avoid it but i feel the same way about my plans. Death will always be the easier route. However, wouldn't you rather know if you can face your problems, rather than assuming you can't?
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

This! :)

And.. it doesn't make you immature, tbh, I think a lot of us here have been through that, when everyday is painful all you want is an end, when you feel you're finding a way out from pain and suffering, its natural that those thoughts would make you feel happy.

But there are other ways out. What are the issues you've mentioned? :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.