Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Escapist, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

there is this problem that I have. It's impossible for me to just get over my EX. Today she came online and for a moment it looked as if my heart stopped entirely. It gave such a nice feeling. It's hard to describe, but I guess it could be seen as a warm shock? Nonetheless that isn't the point. I've been somewhat hoping that we'd eventually talk again, but then today it happened and I really had nothing to say. Sure there are things, I would've liked to tell her. But it'd be just a bother, and it would only bore her.

So uhm, right. x.x

She moved on from me, but I can't move on from her. No matter what I do. I can't get rid of the things that she gave me as they hold emotional value. And then today my little brother said, if they had stores like ours in "England" and it reminded me of her, which made me miss her even more. Not his fault though, he didn't know, nor does he understand such things yet. But it caused me to be in a rather annoying and silent mood. Easily irritated. And, that has to stop.

How do you move on from a girl that you love? It's one sided love, but i'm stuck and am unable to move on.

Advice is appreciated, anything is really.

Kind Regards,
  2. kuAVKoii

kuAVKoii Member

Dear Krow,

Love, for me, is the most sensitive of the feelings.

In my opinion, and own experience, when we love somebody, when we really do, we don't forget. You don't need to throw away the things she gave you. Imagine the good moments you were together. Sometimes, objects of the loved person can help us to remember good moments and have strong feelings to keep strugglying for ourselves. Sometimes it's beautiful.

Tell me what's the problem of loving her! What's wrong with deep feelings? Who said you can't feel for her now the same thing you felt when you met her? There's no law forbidding you of loving her. You need time. You need to find something to occupy your time. This hard-to-leave feeling will leave. I'm sure. You just need to be patient. As the days go, you will have other feelings for other people, and you will discover a new world in your life. I mean, everything will change, and don't be afraid of it! It will change into a better life.

Loving is so amazing... don't let your mind make a bad impression of it.

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Do new things; meet new people- always keep yourself busy.
    Apparently that is the only thing that will help to soften the pain...

My boyfriend of 8 years broke up with me 1 year ago and I'm still madly in love with him-- like an idiot. -__-
    I have not had the chance to move on and keep myself busy though. I let my depression get the best of me and dug myself deeper.

If you can pull yourself up and try to keep your life moving; working; making new friends and trying new things- I'm sure you will feel better in time.
  4. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

Disconnect yourself from love and other useless emotions.
    If they do not serve to help you then they're only holding you back.
  5. Kina

Kina Member

Love can bring a lot of heartache and bullshit, but useless it is not.

OP, good question. I spent a lot of time in the midst of...unrequited love. But that's because I was still hanging on, albeit by a thread. The best way for me to heal was to go no contact. Took me awhile to manage it, but in the end served me well. No contact = no facebook, no MSN, no saving old emails and reading them(at least put them somewhere less accessible). It doesn't ever really go away. I mean, the miserable unrequited feeling does. But there's always a small part of you that still may care. I think once you come to fully accept it is over but you're allowed to have feelings for them, coupled with a hearty dose of NC...The pain lessens. But if you're doing things like spying on her social websites, anything of the sort - It's just one step back or at the least, your feet still stuck in the same mud.
  6. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

Everyone, thank you for your replies. I really appreciate that.

Also, I've accepted our break up though. I understand the reasons behind them and agree with them. But even so, it's impossible for me to just move on slowly. I guess that it can always be given more time, but still. When you accepted something, you'd think you've got peace with it and are able to move forward without anything holding you back, no
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Only time will help.. I left my wife twenty some years ago and even though she cheated on me I still love her.. I have had very little communication with her due to my daughter..Nothing says that the love will ever go away but you just learn to accept it and move on..I agree that you should cut all communications with her.. I tried six times to work things out with my wife and she just kept doing what ever she wanted..Keep your self busy. It helps to keep your mind off of it..