Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I've been struggling 48 hours not to off myself.
    Its all I think about. I have no one to talk to.
    All alone. This site is all I have going.
    I want to die. Am I a burden?
    I'm afraid to ask for help anymore
  2. Sefier

Sefier Member

If someone cares you will helps.

What's going on? D:

I don't mind listening and giving some sort of advice if it's needed. Maybe you just want someone to vent to. I can do that. If you want to do it off the forums I have MSN, yahoo, aim. facebook. Whatever you have I'll make an account and talk to you. ^^
  3. foreverforgotten

ThAnk you for replying. I'm alone. And
    Everyone I told about it won't talk to me anymore.
    My new friend, my mom,sister. I feel like nothing at all but a burden.
    I don't understand how people on here continue on ahead.

I can only post on this site with my
    Phone right now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  4. assek

assek Well-Known Member

we care about you and we are here to help. keep saying to yourself that whatever happens, you still have us. you have someone that cares. hope you feel better soon, keep strong and pm me if you need *hugs*
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

You are not a are ill and you need help..we all do when we're that low..
    are you seeing a doctor/having therapy?
    would you consider going to ER..please don't hurt yourself..
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I hope you are ok still. We care here friend. I can say that I always reply to PMs. If you are still struggling the ER will keep you safe. I only have my phone to post with as well... well right now. Anyway, be safe friend. Feel free to talk to me anytime.
  7. foreverforgotten

Thank you. I'm sorry for that.
    Just needed to know someone was there.
    As for the ER.
    My dad had a heart attack one time and they stuck
    Him in the waiting room. Same for my mom when she
    had MRSA. They'd tell me to go home if there
    was nothing wrong.
    Plus I have no insurance to pay for it.
  8. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hello there,

I just joined a few minutes ago and this is my first post! I'm sorry to hear about how you are feeling.

It's ok to lean on people now, you are not being a burden. Saving your life is important, and you are the most important person in achieving that goal. Reaching out for help is the most positive thing you can do.

There are hotline numbers that you can call that can help. And you can get some support right here too.

I don't know what MRSA is, but it may be that your mom and sister are unable to deal with their own problems, and that is why they are shutting you out.

Has a hospital actually turned you away, or are you thinking they would? If you told them what you have said here, I think that they would keep you in the hospital.

I think that some people think depression or being suicidal is just something imaginary, just because they can't see anything physically wrong on the outside. These people are ignorant at best. If someone has told you that there's nothing really wrong with you, or that a hospital would not take you, they are wrong. The only reason why a hospital would not take you is if they failed in their ethical obligation to help someone in need.

I'm guessing that you are in the states? Depending on your income level, you should be eligible for free care or medicaid. If you are in MA, you should be able to get free insurance.

No matter what state you are in, I think that they are required by law to take you into the emergency room. It's always an option to call 911 and tell them you are suicidal. I think they are legally obligated to help.

If you haven't acutually tried going to the hospital, I would suggest going in and seeing what they can do for you. Getting some meds or electro convulsive therapy might help. They might also be able to sign you up for medicaid or some other insurance, so you could also get therapy.

Hope this helps! I'm routing for you!
  9. foreverforgotten

thank you for your helps i think the last place i can go would be the ER.
    i just dont think theyd take me seriously.
    im in the states yes. what would they do once i see a doctor?
    I dont quite understand what they would do?.. ive never heard of
    anything like going to the ER for suicidal tries.. im almost positive theyd
    question me and not take me seriously and turn me away.
    thank you for this afraid to call a hotline as they
    might find out where i live and report to authorities or soemthing.
  10. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

If you are having a hard time holding on and have been suicidal, they should take you very seriously. It would be worth trying.

oh, I just noticed that you're in Arizona. didn't see that before

they would probably either have you stay in the hospital, give you a prescription for some medication, or set up an appointment with a therapist. That's what they should do at least. People go to the ER for attempting or seriously threatening suicide all the time. for threats, they might take you directly to inpatient care.

I think that they would take you seriously. Any one with any medical competance would at least. Some hospitals might be less likely to take you if you have no insurance, but that has nothing to do your need for care. Hospitals are required to give emergency care whether you can pay for it or not. In addition, many hospitals offer free care. If you meet certain income guidelines, you may also be eligible for medicaid. The hospital's financial department might help you enroll in this. You could always try going to the hospital.

They wouldn't throw you in jail for threatening suicide. The most extreem thing I could see them doing would be to make you stay in the hospital, which would probably be good for you anyway! If you called a hotline, the first question you could ask them could be about what their confidentiality policies are. I think many of the hotlines also have websites that might have their confidentiallity policies there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.