Help?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Matt93, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to stop the bleeding quickly after cutting, but it still hurting like hell to stop the bleeding?

I was thinking of just running my lighter of the cuts, but I don't know if that will stop me bleeding.

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

apply pressure to the cuts and elevate the cut if possible, preferably above your heart, ie if its in your leg lay down with your leg in the air and put pressure on the cut

feel better too that might help

3. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

It might help, if I felt better. But I want a way to stop the cuts, with it still hurting.

4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

where is the cut

5. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

The cuts are on the top of my right thighs.

6. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

it will probably hurt a little bit to stop the cut, but applying pressure will help make it stop faster

7. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Would just burning the cut not make it stop fast?

8. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

maybe take some paper towel or regular towels if necessary and wad it up this will collect the blood, then you gotta put pressure on this

depending on how bad its bleeding you might need to put several layers to fully stop the bleeding

but keep applying pressure

9. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

burning the cut i think would lead to an infection, or at least added shock to the cells surrounding the cut...

i know you prob dont wanna hear this, but if you cant get the bleeding to stop, you might need to get stitches

10. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Don't burn it as trefioliecoly said apply pressure to the wound.

11. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

It's stopping. My leg is very numb, but the bleeding is stopping, quickly too.

12. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

good :) im glad its stopping keep the pressure on it longer than you think is necessary, itll slow and if you let up too quickly it can start again

13. Matt93

Matt93 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I've cut badly before, and have had to get stitches often before. I know the drill with stopping it. I just wanted a really painful way of making it stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.