Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have this problem everytime I get sick I keep thinking I have this disease. No matter what someone says to me or the evidence against the fact that I don't have it I still get these ruminating thoughts. It's so bad that I check my lymph nodes every five mins, I take my tempature constantly and constantly researching the subject online. I can't take it anymore its becoming out of my control and making me want to kill myself because its almost like becoming a reality to me. Its really scaring me.
  2. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

are you willing to go to a hospital? sounds like you have a hypocondriac kinda thing going on there. i'd go for a visit with a doc and see what they can do to help you.
  3. Ive been to my doc before and have been tested and the test comes back negative but I haven't been tested lately. Even if I was to go get tested I go nuts because I really make myself believe I have it. Its almost like Im paranoid.
  4. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hey, do the Dr know everything you have just posted? Taalking to your GP does take alot of strengh andd courage but you always have us remember *hug* I would beg you to go to your GP please you did say the "scare" you and bring on suicidal tthoughts which is dangerouse the Dr may be able to subscribe medicine :)

tc x
  5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

oh, yeah, seeing the doctor again sounds like a good idea, but not for the conditions that you fear you have, but for hypochondria and suicidal thoughts.

hope you feel better soon!
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

You're whipping yourself up into a panic and you need to stop doing it. This is all a negative behaviour pattern and you can 'unlearn' the behaviour.
    Firstly, you do need to see your doctor and see what help he can give you for your mental issues. It's not normal to constantly believe that you have some disease.
    Secondly, stop researching it!!!!! That's not going to do you any good whatsoever. Its bound to get out of control and you'll be imagining that you've got every symptom. Force yourself to stop. Think of something else you can do instead and make yourself do it. So when you want to research the disease, look up captial cities throughout the world or something. (You can pick whatever subject you like as an alternative)
    You're going to have to work at it but you'll get there.
    Do see your doctor though, there has to be some underlying reason why you're doing this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.