Help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nataria, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataria

Nataria Well-Known Member

I don't know how to cope, it's all too intense

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

some good ways to cope are to try to distract yourself, is there something you enjoy doing? maybe drawing or exercising or writing or something? im not sure what you are trying to cope with, so im not sure if that will help or not.

i hope it helps thou, but if that wont work try being more specific so its easier to give advice :)

3. Nataria

thankyou...right now trying to watch some drama but it feels like I'm going to explode, I'm not sure why anymore, depression and all, I don't know, I feel trapped

4. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

you say you love to read, me to: what kind of books do you like to read?

5. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

yeah sometimes with depression it feels like your drowning, it can be tough. if it is bad theres a lot of ops for help out there, like counseling and meds and such. if it is hard to cope with it might be worth looking into if you havent yet, or change treatment if you are currently in it. either way i wish you the best of luck.

also keep in mind that if you are low watching something with a similar tone wont really help. like dont watch a depressing drama. i know im guilty of doing soon, kinda enhancing the low instead of dealing with it. just a thought

6. doityourself

Agreed, thats why I stop watching the news.

7. Nataria

doityourself: I like romance,fantasy,horror,mystery
    what do you like?

trefioliecoly: right now I'm in therapy having had them increased my meds this week,which means it will take a while if they work, I considered going IP today but changed my mind

8. doityourself

Oh I love romance, esp smutty ones, lol. I also like true crime.

I hope your meds help you out, I know its hard to have to keep readjusting the mgs, but once you find the right fit, it does help. Is this the first time your trying meds?

9. Nataria

doityourself:very nice, crime is nice as well, thankyou, I have been on and off meds for many years

10. doityourself

Im sorry I know what a headache it is to go through that. I hope this time it sticks for you. I to go on and off meds, when Im on everything is just "okay" but when I get off the real life all comes back to me. I hate that I do that to myself, wish I could get it through my head that I need them and that I need to stay on them.

Hopefully since your already on them, you wont have to wait so long to feel the effects of the ups.

I hope today has been better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than today.

11. Nataria

doityourself: yes I can agree with you there,but I mainly have been doing it also because the therapist I had before wanted me off the meds at the end of our therapy, he really didn't belive in meds either which I can partly understand, I hope it will become easier soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.