help

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anti-EmoKid 287, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys well this is my 1st time posting n i was wondering if u could help me. u c about 2 years ago i started cutting n then i stopped 4 a while n then last year i started cutting again n iv been doing so off n on since n i dont no how 2 stop. n e ideas?

2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

For a start.. whats making you do it? When you feel like it Try and do something else, like go for a run. sorry i cant say mroe i got to go, if you wanna talk pm me. take care x

3. iQuit

iQuit Well-Known Member

If you really want to stop play some RPG's

4. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Hmm, not sure I agree with iQuits suggestion.
    Not sure I like your username either, lol am an EMO GAL!
    But anyway, feel free to PM me at anytime if ya wanna chat.

5. u c what happened wuz about a year before all this started my grampa died n then like a year later my dog died n then like 2 mos. later my grandma died n i wuz having some problems @ skool w/ my friends n grades 2.

6. riz

riz Senior Member

I have been cutting for over 6 years.

I want you to know that stopping can be done. You need to focus on other things. Cutting, though it causes pain, releases pain in it's own way. The trick might be for you to find something else to focus the pain on. Try breathing, or writing it out.

If you just need to release it, one helpful tip I was given was to take a notebook and a pen and shred a page with your pen. Take the same idea of cutting but translate it on paper.

If talking it out will help, I'll always be around. Don't ever forget that.

Take care. PM or IM me anytime!!

7. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

im not really the person to ask.... i have started up again.... but i know we can heal and stop... all my hopes r with you....hugs

8. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

and i quit

no one wants to self harm .. it is a coping skill that has developed over time... i am sure u did not mean to sound so curt

9. Always Alone

Always Alone Guest

I don't know if I'm the best person to take advice of (I still do it myself) but what used to help me is similar to riz's method.

I used to wrap tissue paper, bandages, anything like that, round my arm before I cut it.It felt so much like cutting, but it wasn't I kept me from doing it for over a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.